GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Just like California, Texas requires regular emissions tests in their more populated counties.
Visual inspection of aftermarket Dow pipes though? We have emissions test here in NC just like every other state I’ve lived. But I don’t believe the go as far as visual inspection of aftermarket parts if the ecu checks out.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Visual inspection of aftermarket Dow pipes though? We have emissions test here in NC just like every other state I’ve lived. But I don’t believe the go as far as visual inspection of aftermarket parts if the ecu checks out.
I don't live there but my understanding is that yes, at least some locations do a visual exhaust inspection.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
There are definitely states that are supposed to check for OE catalytic converters, my state included (Connecticut). There is even a check box on my emmissions test printout indicating Yes or No for OE cats. That being said, I don't think all the techs necessarily even verify and they aren't looking at other aftermarket parts like an intake. Of course this all varies from state to state and sometimes just specific counties within a state if there is even an emmissions test at all. Any aftermarket downpipe is technically illegal on a federal level, but since it's not necessarily enforced everywhere people will just keep playing the game until the they no longer can or want to.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
There are definitely states that are supposed to check for OE catalytic converters, my state included (Connecticut). There is even a check box on my emmissions test printout indicating Yes or No for OE cats. That being said, I don't think all the techs necessarily even verify and they aren't looking at other aftermarket parts like an intake. Of course this all varies from state to state and sometimes just specific counties within a state if there is even an emmissions test at all. Any aftermarket downpipe is technically illegal on a federal level, but since it's not necessarily enforced everywhere people will just keep playing the game until the they no longer can or want to.
This is the same in Delaware. Technically a CARB state, visual inspection required, and it's performed at the DMV by state employees, but they just check the box and never open the hood. I have my stock DP saved just in case they ever start performing the "required visual inspection".

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
They do a visual here on exhausts to check for leaks...

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Being as this is on back order if anyone wants this my shop has a brand new dtr kit for sale. Audi of orange park 904-565-2230 ask for Carlos in part.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Backorder Update: We'll be able to fill a good portion of the backorder later this month, and should be caught up by the end of the month. But no guarantees. So, if someone has it in stock, that's your best bet for getting one at the moment!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
@Arin@APR no further tune revisions yet right? Like since 2 months ago?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Took my roof rack off. Gained a few tenths in the 60-130 above 100mph. Harder to tell with the 1/4 mile on non-level ground, maybe a tenth and < 1mph, nothing crazy.

Without roof rack (less downhill slope):
4C4FAB49-7190-4E51-8C0D-3EC4483147EC.png

With roof rack (more downhill slope):
01C7E03D-7C86-410B-839E-8B110F0A417C.png

Haven’t retested the mpg yet, so the biggest difference so far is the car doesn’t get nearly as squirrelly accelerating to/above 100.

Edit: Deleted the “invalid” downhill Dragy runs, they’re still listed in my “MK vs…” post if anyone cares. (Narrator: They didn’t)

Went out again tonight, lower humidity and got much better (and Dragy “valid”) results. High 11s 60-130 and almost 114mph 1/4 mile trap - both uphill.

Previously at the track I was hitting 2.3 60’ and a 8.6 1/8 mile for 13.0 @ 111 ET with the roof rack on. Car is definitely good for 12s ET at the drag strip, as-is.

Not gonna be whoopin Hellcats or anything, but I’m pretty happy with it.

9D3A99F8-461C-42C7-A6B3-64EB92E7E58D.png

FB801A72-0797-4CB0-8C1F-DA7DAF054983.png

Attachments

• 09EAA7B3-4D44-46D6-9D09-353ACDC526E4.png
    09EAA7B3-4D44-46D6-9D09-353ACDC526E4.png
    493.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 49E84095-1D9A-46A6-A9D2-15568E42CA86.png
    49E84095-1D9A-46A6-A9D2-15568E42CA86.png
    504.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited: