GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Mods Should I Do Next???

Xtr4gent

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Since you're already EQT, I'd do an intercooler and Vortex turbo upgrade.

That's one of the biggest steps you can take with the R.

The intercooler alone, even on a stock car, makes a world of difference. They are just a PITA to install.
Yeah I think thats the obvious option. I mean I was hoping to avoid the new turbo, not that I dont want the power but its a big amount of money.

Xtr4gent

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Do you do any autocrossing or tracking? A driver mod vis-a-vis a performance driving class/school is highly underrated. Even if you don't track, it could be fun nonetheless.
I live far from any tracks but I have thought about going down with a bunch of friends and making a weekend out of it.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Last edited:

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
MK8 lower rear arm aero covers...

Full length engine bay reinforced VW skid tray..or thin aero "noise insulation"?

RS3 brake cooling ducts for front arms...

Puddle lights (door exit lights) for front doors

I think I did some write ups on these... :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Scanner

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI 1.8
I live far from any tracks but I have thought about going down with a bunch of friends and making a weekend out of it.
I live in the GTA, ON. I do track days/lapping at TMS in Cayuga, southern ON. It is worth a long drive. https://torontomotorsportspark.com/
To stay on the topic, I've recently installed, and I think you will like a BMS pedal tuner to control the throttle response. Very easy to install (less than 5 min) and change the stages. Very happy with it.
As you have good experience with CTS products, you may like the front and rear subframe bushings.
You mentioned local 1/8 Drags. So BFI engine and transmission mounts will make a more significant difference than the subframe bushings.
Cheers.

Last edited: