GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
I thought GESI cats with the EPA engraving would pass truth be told. Unitronic is coming out with EPA-compliant downpipes using GESI cats (or at least, I saw a picture on Instagram with a GESI-catted downpipe for the B9 platform lol).
Not 50 state legal and even though they claim they are AFAIK it is illegal to change a cat that is functional so not legal unless your cat was stolen or stops working

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Not 50 state legal and even though they claim they are AFAIK it is illegal to change a cat that is functional so not legal unless your cat was stolen or stops working
Thanks for that input, and everyone else's feedback. DTR it is for me. :ROFLMAO:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Wonder what the long term distribution model will be like... full on Dinan model or current model of relying on a mix of APR dealers and VW/Audi dealerships?

All channels: Direct, Speed shops, VAG Dealerships, etc. If there's a method people prefer, we'll always explore.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you pair it with a stock dp, yes.
Not true at all.

You obviously don't know what emissions legal means.

Last edited:

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Not true at all.
1656361029301.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Install went fine, but the damn computer couldn’t read my ecu. Any ways, even driving it home in eco mode that turbo noise…

So turbo was installed but not the tune? What's the plan from there?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
So turbo was installed but not the tune? What's the plan from there?
Shop is following up with APR, I’m triple checking the AP was fully uninstalled, calling first thing in the AM.

I also emailed all the direct (non-AP) tuners, but the AP wouldn’t have installed if they were had already been flashed.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Even if your AP shows the Install screen, always double check whether it’s really uninstalled.

😐

What an asshole.

So that was it, it wasn't uninstalled?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
So that was it, it wasn't uninstalled?
Plugged it in after I fed the family and it didn’t show me the install screen that I saw yesterday.

Uninstalled again, unplugged, drove around, cycled it, plugged it back in to verify it was on the install screen again.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
FYI: we're workin on the backorder at the moment. This kit has been dramatically more popular than expected and basically destroyed my entire year forecast in a matter of days. Basically, anyone who has an order in will get filled as the turbos are ready, in the order the order was placed. I expect more and the end of each month. Thanks for all the orders and support!