GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Golf Bumper FMIC Fitment

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Hey guys,

have been looking into a FMIC for my MK7.5 (2018 Sportwagen 4mo), curious if you guys that are running FMICs are needing to modify your bumper at all to make it fit. I was going to buy the Majesty kit.
I see a lot of stuff on Mk7 fitment but not much on facelift GOLF bumpers (R/GTi need trimming)

thanks!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
With my mk7.5 GTI, I had to remove those plastic side air thingies. Lemme find a pic

7407C0E0-3D9F-407F-8D75-D92CDD6B49F8.jpeg

cant see them but they’re there. Just dunno what they’re called. Sorry.

Edit: ok. So that example kind of sucked. Look at this pic
9312A3FC-DA0F-43C2-92DE-DF6CD12766B6.jpeg

this is my GTI. See the clamps on the far left and far right. From fmic to pipe. Normally u couldn’t see those two corners because they’re covered by this air curtain thingy. It’s made of plastic. Sorry I’m doing a shit job explaining it but I had to remove mine.

Last edited:

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
With my mk7.5 GTI, I had to remove those plastic side air thingies. Lemme find a pic

View attachment 252441
cant see them but they’re there. Just dunno what they’re called. Sorry.

Edit: ok. So that example kind of sucked. Look at this pic
View attachment 252442
this is my GTI. See the clamps on the far left and far right. From fmic to pipe. Normally u couldn’t see those two corners because they’re covered by this air curtain thingy. It’s made of plastic. Sorry I’m doing a shit job explaining it but I had to remove mine.
You’re fine man, I’m actually wondering specifically about the golf as the GTI is a different bumper

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Still wondering if anyone has experience with this