GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So you've never had a crack from a drilled rotor?

Nope. I had some no name on my old Mazda 3 back in the day. R1 Concepts on both my Altima, and GTI before I swapped to the Macans with Stoptech. 0 cracks.

Also, 0 track or autocross days. I'm sure those two things are related.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Maybe I need to start using Chinesium rotors. 🤔

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe I need to start using Chinesium rotors. 🤔

The day you decide to stop going to track and autocross events with your car, I'd highly recommend them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The day you decide to stop going to track and autocross events with your car, I'd highly recommend them.
Still won't do it. I'm the guy that made my Brembos look like the stock brakes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Still won't do it. I'm the guy that made my Brembos look like the stock brakes.

The ad that popped up on my phone said the counter sunk drilled holes prevented cracking. Please explain that one then!!

1653953988653.png

parabolicmagnetism

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I painted my calipers using G2 caliper paint, and while the finish isn't perfect, it's about equivalent to that of the stock non-PP calipers, so I'm not too fussed about it. They'll be behind wheels and dirty anyway, so I doubt anyone but me will notice or care.

When I was painting them, I wished I had some sort of plug to prevent me from accidentally painting inside the cylinders, so my friend and I designed one in Solidworks that fits perfectly with a bit of electrical tape to stop it from coming loose during the painting process and protect the cylinder.

Here's a link to the .stl if you'd like to print your own: https://www.printables.com/model/217301-macan-brake-cylinder-plug

And some pictures

P1050741.pngP1050745.pngP1050744.pngP1050752.png

rosecoloredboy

Car(s)
MK7 GTI DSG PP
I painted my calipers using G2 caliper paint, and while the finish isn't perfect, it's about equivalent to that of the stock non-PP calipers, so I'm not too fussed about it. They'll be behind wheels and dirty anyway, so I doubt anyone but me will notice or care.

When I was painting them, I wished I had some sort of plug to prevent me from accidentally painting inside the cylinders, so my friend and I designed one in Solidworks that fits perfectly with a bit of electrical tape to stop it from coming loose during the painting process and protect the cylinder.

Here's a link to the .stl if you'd like to print your own: https://www.printables.com/model/217301-macan-brake-cylinder-plug

And some pictures

View attachment 250867View attachment 250868View attachment 250870View attachment 250869
looks damn good to me! just finished reading up the thread until this point. got the calipers ordered, just need to get lines, rotors and pads. only thing i’m torn between is powdercoating and painting myself…and which rotors. anyone have experience with the ECS 2-Piece? not much more than Stoptech. or OEM Clubsport S? i wont be tracking anytime soon just want tha bling 😎

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Motive Power Bleeder. Is it worth the extra 30.00 to get the 'Black Label' version with the aluminum cap or does the standard one suffice at 30psi which is the max for the Power Bleeder.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Motive Power Bleeder. Is it worth the extra 30.00 to get the 'Black Label' version with the aluminum cap or does the standard one suffice at 30psi which is the max for the Power Bleeder.

Standard one suffices perfectly fine.

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
Do any of you know if the new base macan (95b.2) calipers work on mqb cars? It looks like Porsche updated the calipers on the 2.0t macan.
1654007817276.png

1654007835011.png

1654007862222.png

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Do any of you know if the new base macan (95b.2) calipers work on mqb cars? It looks like Porsche updated the calipers on the 2.0t macan.
I can't answer your question but an observation... these still look like 4 pots, but with pads that are less convenient to change. Also looks like they mount to a bracket and not directly to the knuckle (bolts sticking out in your third picture).

Not to say that bracket won't bolt up to the our knuckles. And I suppose having calipers that mount to a bracket does make pad changes easier, but still not as easy as the ones from this thread.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've had no issue with the regular version and 30 psi bleeding, though it isn't recommended.

If I'd known there was a fancy version, I would have bought it, because fancy.

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
They don't recommend the plastic lid bleeder be used over 20 PSI. Personally having seen a pressure bleeder jump off the reservoir, might be worth the fancy cap to avoid possible clean up.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
View attachment 250897
View attachment 250898
View attachment 250899

I can't answer your question but an observation... these still look like 4 pots, but with pads that are less convenient to change. Also looks like they mount to a bracket and not directly to the knuckle (bolts sticking out in your third picture).

Not to say that bracket won't bolt up to the our knuckles. And I suppose having calipers that mount to a bracket does make pad changes easier, but still not as easy as the ones from this thread.

Some things to consider.

1. Do they still use 345mm rotors?
2. What type of pad? The 1001 pad backing plate used in the version in this thread is very common and there's a large selection of pads available.
3. Is it the same line config?

I suggest searching for the new part numbers for pads and lines and see if they're the same.

I can't answer any of those questions, but you'll want to before moving forward.

If it works out, it would be another option for people. Those are even more bling than the old ones, which is sweet.