GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Plenty of fantastic tuners out there for the Cobb platform and it only takes a minute to switch maps.
This is going to come off as sounding like a jerk, but I think we're all aware of Cobb and the capabilities of the accesport. Based on your mods you're clearly not the target audience for this offering, yet you seem to spend a lot of time in this thread to try and crap on APR's kit/tuning. Please remind everyone how many revisions and how many weeks your EQT tune has taken that's still not sorted. Maybe some don't want to go that route.
Before anyone says, but...but APR had to revise this tune", yeah they identified the problem, fixed it, and sent out the fix already. I would love for APR to have at home flashing too, but it isn't here, yet. I'm not trying to be an APR apologist here, but I think most here know that other tuning options exist and they all have their pros and cons.

Last edited:

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Should I have my gf drive my 5.0 and recreate the video with my R? For science?

Real talk, pretty impressive if he's turbo only. I feel like a A10 car would have given him a run for his money though, I gave my gf's dad a ride in the R the other day, he's used to big block chevys and things of that era. Totally blown away, 10/10 didn't expect what the R could do. He was more blown away how civil the car is around town in comparison.
In the words of Emperor Palpatine: DEW IT! MAKE THE SACRIFICE! Promise your GF a dinner of her choosing if she wins lol.

Would be nice to have a confirmed video (knowing exactly what mods you have versus what we don't know with the S3 in the video)

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
In the words of Emperor Palpatine: DEW IT! MAKE THE SACRIFICE! Promise your GF a dinner of her choosing if she wins lol.

Would be nice to have a confirmed video (knowing exactly what mods you have versus what we don't know with the S3 in the video)
Guess I better dust the cob webs off this stupid thing.
180CB5EA-2B72-464A-9723-B726C4BF8121.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Really? Not even for the typical stack a canned tune upwards? Darn. I just finally jumped aboard the corn train with a couple barrels of e98. Looking at either Maestro or Cobb or no ethanol, then. I guess I could run Supreme year round, but definitely not E30.

APR, why u no switchable tunez?
seriously! i loved the switchable aspect on my MK6. Would be so cool to be able to switch octanes on the fly for various kill modes.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
seriously! i loved the switchable aspect on my MK6. Would be so cool to be able to switch octanes on the fly for various kill modes.
For me it is a necessity. Want to run e85 but not about to go on a road trip knowing I may be left high and dry plus would want better mileage. Planning to go to wookies next year and e85 is a no go.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Another video from our favorite street racer….

14.02 @ 101.39 mph. Dude needs a driver mod bad… my stage 1 ran faster than that on shitty all seasons - heck, that’s damn near a stock 1/4 mile time. Sounds like he’s shifting at like 5.5K… no words, horrendous.

Yeah, I ran 13.75 at 105 with EQT stage 1 91 Oct on stock IC in 90 degree weather.

That's pretty slow.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, I ran 13.75 at 105 with EQT stage 1 91 Oct on stock IC in 90 degree weather.
Maybe your tires made the big difference? I just went and did a 13.9 on all seasons as EQT 2... but it was far from optimal. This is a really weird position to be in for a turbo upgrade. But I guess it's something if they're never going to be putting a downpipe on their car.

Last edited:

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Yeah, that aint no APR tune, lol.
I wouldn’t be so quick to worship the mystery tune… in the comments he said he’s on e30 and consistently running a 12.3 1/4 mile. An S3 with any kind of tune should be in the high 11’s, let alone with a turbo swap. At least he looks good from a roll though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Maybe your tires made the big difference? I just went and did a 13.9 on all seasons as EQT 2... but it was far from optimal. This is a really weird position to be in for a turbo upgrade. But I guess it's something if they're never going to be putting a downpipe on their car.

Yeah, that was on a prepped surface with 255 V730's.

Trying to launch the car was an exercise in wheel hop and 13.9 to 14.1 was what I was getting.

As soon as I stopped trying to launch the car and just drove away from the line, I started turning 13.7's consistently.

That's with 6 spd and stock clutch.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i ran 14.0 with my stock cobalt ss 10 years ago