GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks for that. I've got the Z26 pads in my wishlist on Amazon. They have generic slotted/x-drilled rotors for 120.00 a pair. Hell I can get the two piece rotor set at ECS for around 650.00.. Decisions decisions.. As I said, luckily I'm not in a hurry.

Which generic slotted\drilled rotors are you looking at? I need new rotors for the R, and since I don't do anything outrageous with my car, rotors are mostly a cosmetic upgrade. I'm always down with generic rotors.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Stop buying drilled rotors, mkay.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

1653864898840.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Get the slotted ones from FCP. Rotors for life.

See, that's how they get'cha.

In theory, that sounds dope. Buy once, get free ones for life.

However, I know myself. When I get new rotors, I won't wear through them enough to need a new set before I trade the car in inevitably in the next 3 - 4 years.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Which generic slotted\drilled rotors are you looking at? I need new rotors for the R, and since I don't do anything outrageous with my car, rotors are mostly a cosmetic upgrade. I'm always down with generic rotors.

Amazon.com: Callahan CDS04706 FRONT 339.8mm Drilled/Slotted 5 Lug [2] Rotors [ fit Audi S3 Volkswagen CC Golf R Gti ] : Automotive

They are actually 340mm, but according to the first post you can "use your 340mm x 30mm without issue". Sorry for the misinformation. I'll probably keep hunting for 345's, but these are still an option.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Are you referring to the lines? I couldn't get anyone at Techna-fit either, so I ordered the Neuspeed one's which UroTuning has on sale for 76.00 with choice of colors.
Yes, oem Macan lines.

edit: I also second GTIFan99's advice. You're going to seriously regret getting slotted or drilled rotors. Drilled rotors tend to crack, slotted chew up pads, both are equally lacking in any tangible benefit besides aesthetics.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The rotors have fucking skyrocketted in price. I paid $314 for two of them last May. It's now $604 for two of them. JFC.

I'm a big fan of the Powerstop Z23/Z26 pads all around. As far as I can tell, the Z26 have a built in aluminum shim that the Z23 don't. They're low dust and noise, cheap, and stop fine. While it's personal preference, I never had an issue with pedal feel with them. From his short time on them so far, I don't think @dtfd does either.
I took it out again yesterday to do a few more..."abs activating stops" (drove around like a horses ass)

The brakes feel phenomenal on the z26. The pedal doesn't feel that different to the OEM pedal to me, if anything its slightly better. Makes me think the issues with spongy brakes has to be due to air in the line.

For reference the calipers had RRG applied, we had a 2x4 holding the brake pedal down while we swapped the caliper/lines in, and we did 2x 30 PSI bleeds starting on the driver side, doing the OBD11 changes, taking it out for a spin (ABS activation), and then rebleeding right away. I used pentosin dot 4 lv.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Not sure who this is going to help but I know I would have appreciated the confirmation.

I've got 18x8.5 +43 konig ampliforms and a 12mm spacer than they clear with plenty of room. I could easily have fit them using a 10mm and probably could have gotten away with an 8mm spacer.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

You're going to seriously regret getting slotted or drilled rotors. Drilled rotors tend to crack, slotted chew up pads, both are equally lacking in any tangible benefit besides aesthetics.

I've been running off-brand x-drilled/slotted rotors for years with absolutely zero issues. Granted this is street use. I'm sure it's a dramatically different story on the track though.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I've been running off-brand x-drilled/slotted rotors for years with absolutely zero issues. Granted this is street use. I'm sure it's a dramatically different story on the track though.

Same. I've had 3 "off-brand" sets on different cars, no issues. The Stoptech ones when I did the Macan swap were the first "name brand" set I've gotten, no issues with those either.

Agree that if you're using your car for heavy track use and really putting your brakes through their paces, it might be a different story.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So you've never had a crack from a drilled rotor?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
So you've never had a crack from a drilled rotor?

I have not.. These Amazon off brand (I think Detroit Axle) rotors have been on my car the better part of two years.

PXL_20220530_170741363.jpg