GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I thought that was it, but I greased em’ and no change. Im pretty sure it’s coming from inside the cabin.
Did you check the torque on the end links. They can come loose and rattle too

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
installed AWE Track last week. hate how loud and boomy it is. what's the fix here without spending $450+ on a touring conversion pipe? baun performance mid pipe? clamp on a vibrant resonator and call it a day?

Mines currently $400 shipped, and I’ll throw in a AWE SAG hanger (not available for individual sale).

Moral of the story is don’t buy AWE, but if it’s already too late I can fix it.
49674CE6-FB33-4EEF-92C7-BC035B5271FB.jpeg

Also with mine being hand built to order it’s 3” inlet to match your downpipe (eliminates unnecessary reducers & a extra AWE clamp for said reducer).

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did you check the torque on the end links. They can come loose and rattle too
Yup! Torqued to spec. I'm pretty certain it's a piece of trim or a latch somewhere, but I'm not aware of any super common rattle point in the hatch.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
installed AWE Track last week. hate how loud and boomy it is. what's the fix here without spending $450+ on a touring conversion pipe? baun performance mid pipe? clamp on a vibrant resonator and call it a day?
Mine sounds great paired with the trackslag DP.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

If you know you're not going to ever want to use your exhaust as-is, can have a shop weld a 17950 into that mid-pipe section, can't image it costing more than $150 total.

If you want to preserve your original AWE midpipe, grab Jake's. It'll sound better and cost a little less than the AWE touring conversion pipe.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I decided not to drive my car in the sloppy weather, but did pass this MK8 getting violated on the back of the trailer.

I didn't think VW could get any worse than Futura Yellow. I was wrong. I see one near me often and wonder who looks at that color and says to themselves "DAAAYYYUMMN! That's a great color!" IIRC, that's a special edition Autobahn package color so they paid a butt load for that car.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Could have been you were only-semi conscious and imagined it. For a few years now, I've often woken up in the middle of the night to see some really weird shit going on, only to have it vanish in seconds. I keep hoping some hot 19 year old succubus is going to come steal my fluids -err, my soul ;) , but that never happens either.
It only happened the one time and I can't remember if I was drinking that night either 🤣 so I don't sweat it. I love this house and my 2 car garage. A bonus would be a young succubus though! Best way to wake up in the middle of night would be a succubus sucking my bus. 👻🍆

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
It only happened the one time and I can't remember if I was drinking that night either 🤣 so I don't sweat it. I love this house and my 2 car garage. A bonus would be a young succubus though! Best way to wake up in the middle of night would be a succubus sucking my bus. 👻🍆
Just keep your hand over your mouth, so your wife doesn't hear. :D

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Though if you're really tired the next morning but have a big smile on your face, the jig is up.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Mines currently $400 shipped, and I’ll throw in a AWE SAG hanger (not available for individual sale).

Moral of the story is don’t buy AWE, but if it’s already too late I can fix it.View attachment 236947

Also with mine being hand built to order it’s 3” inlet to match your downpipe (eliminates unnecessary reducers & a extra AWE clamp for said reducer).
Yeah here I thought awe was one of the better brands to go with. Might have to hit you up for one of those baddies.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
If you know you're not going to ever want to use your exhaust as-is, can have a shop weld a 17950 into that mid-pipe section, can't image it costing more than $150 total.

If you want to preserve your original AWE midpipe, grab Jake's. It'll sound better and cost a little less than the AWE touring conversion pipe.
Probably going to go with Jakes midpipe. I can't stand how exhaust shops just booger weld everything. Looks like dog shit and I'd be embarrassed to resell it tbh. But then again I still have my css muffler so might just throw that back on and figure out how to make that sound better and not so tinny.