GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not wrong about all of that. In live near Bowden where they have all the for rent only neighborhoods and it's driving prices in this area through the roof. Jax has had the 2nd highest rent/mortgage increase in the country. Houses that normally are 200k are selling for 415k it's insane.

Jax is a high-demand city right now and unfortunately we just aren’t building enough new housing in the right places currently. Hopefully the supply and demand balances out before too long.

Personally, I love Jax. But if I were renting and facing some of the crazy rent increases, I would be asking questions about do I want to live here. Thankfully I already own a home here.

You both nailed it. A lack of new housing development and fast growth are driving up prices. I'm glad we bought about 6 years ago. We got hosed when we bought in GA prior to the great recession. We bought near the high and we're underwater for a long time. Thought renting it out was the answer, but renters did so much damage. Will never be a landlord again. I'll burn the house to the ground before I do that again.

904, I'm a bad influence, Matt is already coming out to the next autocross. Let me know if you want to come out and I'll help you out.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Most cities are seeing an insane housing demand and can't keep up or are geologically limited. I just left the Seattle, WA area due to being priced out of any house that wasn't a ~3 hour one-way commute from my work. Now I'm in Austin, TX and they're seeing the same supply/demand issues.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Most cities are seeing an insane housing demand and can't keep up or are geologically limited. I just left the Seattle, WA area due to being priced out of any house that wasn't a ~3 hour one-way commute from my work. Now I'm in Austin, TX and they're seeing the same supply/demand issues.

Yeah, the great recession halved construction companies and new housing builds, and we've never caught up.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Fresh stoppy stops

DFC8C250-A83D-4D43-8FF1-532CA4995E83.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
First brake job I’ve done myself in like 15 years, and the first on my GTI. And I didn’t die on the test drive! 🏆

The fronts were surprisingly easy. TBD for the rears next weekend…

Do you have the tool to compress the rear calipers?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
You both nailed it. A lack of new housing development and fast growth are driving up prices. I'm glad we bought about 6 years ago. We got hosed when we bought in GA prior to the great recession. We bought near the high and we're underwater for a long time. Thought renting it out was the answer, but renters did so much damage. Will never be a landlord again. I'll burn the house to the ground before I do that again.

904, I'm a bad influence, Matt is already coming out to the next autocross. Let me know if you want to come out and I'll help you out.
I can't afford autocross, my wife would kill me. Needing extra tires and pads and calipers and a new suspension setup. Lol I already fill up twice a week on full E and change my oil every 5k and plugs every 10k. Adding that to the list would yeild me a divorce. I'll stick to GranTurismo for my autocross fix, but I'd love to spectate. 😅