GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
"I actually don't like my car. I mean I do, but I don't." I actually like my car (MK8 Style 6sp 150PS) and Golfs in general, on my 4th, but I kinda admire people who don't really care which car they buy they "just want a car". Or in their ideal world "an ABC 123 in blue like my friend's car, or any ABC, or any 123 or any car as long as it's blue or, I don't really care, I just want a car". I've tried the 'throw a dart at a car & mototcycle guide & don't worry about it' approach and finished with something I literally hated with a passion, didn't even drive or ride unless I absolutely, positively had to and had to get rid of it straight way. Best yer gets what yer likes and accepts no substitute, which with me & cars (in this class of car, with a nod to the Polo) is pretty much Golfs. Prob one for psychiatrists out there :unsure:.....

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
"I actually don't like my car. I mean I do, but I don't." I actually like my car (MK8 Style 6sp 150PS) and Golfs in general, on my 4th, but I kinda admire people who don't really care which car they buy they "just want a car". Or in their ideal world "an ABC 123 in blue like my friend's car, or any ABC, or any 123 or any car as long as it's blue or, I don't really care, I just want a car". I've tried the 'throw a dart at a car & mototcycle guide & don't worry about it' approach and finished with something I literally hated with a passion, didn't even drive or ride unless I absolutely, positively had to and had to get rid of it straight way. Best yer gets what yer likes and accepts no substitute, which with me & cars (in this class of car, with a nod to the Polo) is pretty much Golfs. Prob one for psychiatrists out there :unsure:.....
Yeah but for every thing you care about that they don't, they have something they really care about that you don't. We all care about certain things and that's OK. I think even people who don't care about cars like Golfs. They may have trouble expressing what it is they like (It's cute! The cup holders are good! It rides nice!) but that's just because they're not in the car world and don't know the jargon or what to look for.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Yeah but for every thing you care about that they don't, they have something they really care about that you don't. We all care about certain things and that's OK. I think even people who don't care about cars like Golfs. They may have trouble expressing what it is they like (It's cute! The cup holders are good! It rides nice!) but that's just because they're not in the car world and don't know the jargon or what to look for.
The word they're looking for is fahrvergnugen. ;)

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
"Yeah but for every thing you care about that they don't, they have something they really care about that you don't. We all care about certain things and that's OK. I think even people who don't care about cars like Golfs. They may have trouble expressing what it is they like (It's cute! The cup holders are good! It rides nice!) but that's just because they're not in the car world and don't know the jargon or what to look for." True. My favourite car, heck even my favourite Golf, would surprise most posters. I liked my Mk5 (didn't get a Mk6 due to, reasons), the Mk7s and now like the Mk8 more than I thought I would. Whenever I've carried passengers, either before or after super-stressed situations (doctor, hospital, etc), the comments have been, "nice car". When I've dealt with obvious car nuts, like when I recently had work done on my garage and moved the car, or changed cars especially recently, the reponse has almost always been "nice Golf", whether or not the car is clean. (mostly not ;)). We are all correct, it's only opnion, but so far no one has said "I can't believe you got one of those garbage vehicles". Some of the many reasons we have Golfs, not the cheapest cars and other manufacturers have certainly closed the gap but you tend to get what you pay for....

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
"Yeah but for every thing you care about that they don't, they have something they really care about that you don't. We all care about certain things and that's OK. I think even people who don't care about cars like Golfs. They may have trouble expressing what it is they like (It's cute! The cup holders are good! It rides nice!) but that's just because they're not in the car world and don't know the jargon or what to look for." True. My favourite car, heck even my favourite Golf, would surprise most posters. I liked my Mk5 (didn't get a Mk6 due to, reasons), the Mk7s and now like the Mk8 more than I thought I would. Whenever I've carried passengers, either before or after super-stressed situations (doctor, hospital, etc), the comments have been, "nice car". When I've dealt with obvious car nuts, like when I recently had work done on my garage and moved the car, or changed cars especially recently, the reponse has almost always been "nice Golf", whether or not the car is clean. (mostly not ;)). We are all correct, it's only opnion, but so far no one has said "I can't believe you got one of those garbage vehicles". Some of the many reasons we have Golfs, not the cheapest cars and other manufacturers have certainly closed the gap but you tend to get what you pay for....
U wut m8

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This guy is already alone with his cats.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
I am ? Ok, but we don't have a cat, saw what you tried to do BTW and it was almost funny. Almost. I like Golfs but they are only cars I just drive mine and ahve more important things to do and think about. They are only (very nice) cars and I just drive mine....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ok boomer