GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Heat.

If you have a MAP or propane torch heat the Allen up (not the shock body as much as you can help it).

The threaded sleeve and collar slide off the shock body, so I could try and heat it up, although it's a 3mm bit, so it's tiny. Problem is now the bit broke off in the allen screw, so it's fuct. I could try and drill it out, chance messing up the sleeve, get pissed off more, throw shit, etc., which I don't want to do. There is no reason this should have been that stuck. The bit was matco, and the socket was snap-on, so it's not like they were harbor freight tools. I'm hoping they don't waste a bunch of time getting this resolved.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Guess we’ll see how good the customer service is.
From what I have read here they are not that great in cases like this. I remember reading Navi's build thread about a broken stud on his B16's, and even though he installed them with the specs given to him by Bilstein during the installation they denied him the warranty.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Also, installed CTS FMIC the other day, throttle response feels different and car pulls abit more on the top end. I might be trippin tho
Same. I'm in Florida and the CTS FMIC has been working great. I definitely feel the top-end power too. You're not trippin.

Personally, I found there to be a very slight more bit of turbo lag, but you have to really really feel for it. But of course the plus is that it almost always brings IATs down to 10-15*F over ambient, sometimes less. Depends how long of a pull.

Last edited:

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Got a used neuspeed 64.10.15 power module for $200. Took me 45 mins to install from top. It's set at +5 and I'm using 91 here in California. It should have came like this from factory. I'm pretty stoked. No codes or problems after 50 miles. My car is bone stock and I don't plan on doing anything else to it. Maybe wheels in the future 🤙

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
C65315F2-53ED-4043-B42B-2B1ED17F5778.jpeg

Wife and I got them detailed today! Then I threw on my 3$ Amazon decal for fun’s 😂😅

Going to slap on the third brake light sticker at some point tonight!

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Same. I'm in Florida and the CTS FMIC has been working great. I definitely feel the top-end power too. You're not trippin.

Personally, I found there to be a very slight more bit of turbo lag, but you have to really really feel for it. But of course the plus is that it almost always brings IATs down to 10-15*F over ambient, sometimes less. Depends how long of a pull.
Florida here too
+1 to this too. Installed mine a few months back.

Installed RSB on ramps. Forgot how much I hate laying on my back and working on cars. Getting old can suck it.
Need to retighten. Couple clunks. Grease gun ran out of grease too.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Florida here too
+1 to this too. Installed mine a few months back.

Installed RSB on ramps. Forgot how much I hate laying on my back and working on cars. Getting old can suck it.
Need to retighten. Couple clunks. Grease gun ran out of grease too.
I always get a sore neck cause I never rest my head on the creeper...pure dumbass I am.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Installed the Osram dynamic indicators. Broke the 2 top clips from the mirror cap on the driver side and broke half a clip on the passenger side. I wanted to drop kick the shit out of both mirrors but that would be costly. I was so gentle when pulling the tabs down but they were so stiff on the driver side, it couldn't be helped.

Other than that, they look great with the BMP Illuminator headlamps.

Still pissed about the broken clips, so I don't even want to look at the car for a while.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Installed the Osram dynamic indicators. Broke the 2 top clips from the mirror cap on the driver side and broke half a clip on the passenger side. I wanted to drop kick the shit out of both mirrors but that would be costly. I was so gentle when pulling the tabs down but they were so stiff on the driver side, it couldn't be helped.

Other than that, they look great with the BMP Illuminator headlamps.

Still pissed about the broken clips, so I don't even want to look at the car for a while.
Men and plastic have a Tupac and Biggie thing going on. Don't feel bad, you're not the only one.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
New Apex wheels.

20220110_192351.jpg
20220110_184810.jpg