GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best website for parts?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Everyone raggs on ECS so I'm just curious what the general consensus is on the goto company for their mods and parts.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My personal choice is whoever has it cheapest.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My personal choice is whoever has it cheapest.
Lol my man.
Yea I’ve been liking BMP lately with their no sales tax sale and they do military discount on some items.
liked shop dap as well a lot.
FCPEuro for anything OE or if they carry an aftermarket you need.

I get some stuff from 5150 as well since they are my tuner of choice, got my AP and OTS tunes from them, and gonna get my fuel pump from them as well. (Mostly just put that to show hit up your tuner sometimes for parts, sometimes it’s better to get the equipment they work with a lot, they might use it for a specific reason and might work out better to use gear they like on your car.)

askibum02

Car(s)
2017 AllTrack
BMP Tuning is my go-to for aftermarket parts. If there is something they don't carry I will try USP and UroTuning in that order.

FCP Euro is my first choice for OEM parts, maintenance items, and any wear item like brakes because of their lifetime replacement guarantee.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
i usually buy from FCP Euro first if they carry what I'm looking for just for the sake of the warranty (and people say they don't understand how FCP can make money).

If they don't carry what I'm looking for - BMP, USP, Urotuning, DAP. I also check the company websites (like going straight to eurocode or IE). Whoever is the cheapest.

All this said I've ordered from ECS a few times and never had an issue with my orders from them.

While we're on the topic on sites, has any ordered from moddedeuros before? Looks like they do free shipping across the board which could be useful if you're only ordering a small part or two. Normally you have to spend X amount to get free shipping with most companies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
i usually buy from FCP Euro first if they carry what I'm looking for just for the sake of the warranty (and people say they don't understand how FCP can make money).

If they don't carry what I'm looking for - BMP, USP, Urotuning, DAP. I also check the company websites (like going straight to eurocode or IE). Whoever is the cheapest.

All this said I've ordered from ECS a few times and never had an issue with my orders from them.

While we're on the topic on sites, has any ordered from moddedeuros before? Looks like they do free shipping across the board which could be useful if you're only ordering a small part or two. Normally you have to spend X amount to get free shipping with most companies.
I've ordered plenty from moddedeuros, use golfmk6forum for a discount code. They're good, just limited on what they carry.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
home depot has the best tunes apparently
Me and Home Depot are in lovers quarrel at moment. Got some ratcheting wrenches from them and half half were binded up once I finaally got the packaging open.
Yet to try their tunas though.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
For replacement parts or factory parts, I just Google the part number and see whoever has it the cheapest. Sometimes I'll call my local dealership and see if they're willing to price match so I can pick it up sooner and locally.

Similar thing for aftermarket/performance stuff. Whoever has the thing for cheapest. Sometimes they all have the same sale on certain parts so I just go with whoever I've already ordered from, or I search the website name on this forum to see if anyone had good/bad experiences. I got my intercooler from Modded Euros and my rear brace from ECS. Both were fine.