GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R, Spektrum Viper Green 1 of 33 for SALE

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Show me a sold Golf R for over $50k, much less $60k.

I also think the market for Mk7s over $45k will evaporate once Mk8s begins to arrive.

The M2 Comp is likely to take a little haircut when the S58 new model arrived, but they’re still going to be upper 50’s to lower 60’s.
Th

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
they dropped the price now fyi.
I imagine the 'service fee' will be 10k
View attachment 233331
Reminds me of when I had an M Coupe and the collective ownership decided to start pricing them at $65k. They were $45k new, but somehow that arbitrary number actually gained some traction and they still sell near there. The problem is that you have to have a pretty rare car and a solid group of owners that will band together for a movement like that. The R isn’t rare and doesn’t have that unified of an owners group.

sounds like the 1m. That car has no business selling for what it does, especially with existence of the m2.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

sounds like the 1m. That car has no business selling for what it does, especially with existence of the m2.
But like the Z3 MC compared to the Z4 MC, the 1M just has a lot more character and feel, and it looks better. They’ll always be worth more.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

We'll see what it finally sells for. It won't be that price.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
But like the Z3 MC compared to the Z4 MC, the 1M just has a lot more character and feel, and it looks better. They’ll always be worth more.

Most reviews I've read, including people who own both, tend to prefer the M2. The 1M has scarcity going for it, that's about it IMO. I think the proportions look off. The modern powertrains are better in both M2 variants. But scarcity is what really matters when you're looking at cars that appreciate, which is why the used market is where it is right now, everything is scarce and everything is expensive. If BMW sold 700 M2s in 2016 and shut it down they'd be worth as much or more than 1Ms.

Current market aside, the number of Mk7/7.5 Rs produced is one reason why they're never really going to be worth silly money. Multiple clean examples are going to be available for a long time (unless you desperately need a spektrum color, which the market so far has shown don't really command much premium outside of the hearts and minds of greedy ass dealers). It's why modern Corvettes depreciate like rocks and Porsche GT cars seem to never stop going up. **Steps off soapbox**

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Most reviews I've read, including people who own both, tend to prefer the M2. The 1M has scarcity going for it, that's about it IMO. I think the proportions look off. The modern powertrains are better in both M2 variants. But scarcity is what really matters when you're looking at cars that appreciate, which is why the used market is where it is right now, everything is scarce and everything is expensive. If BMW sold 700 M2s in 2016 and shut it down they'd be worth as much or more than 1Ms.

Current market aside, the number of Mk7/7.5 Rs produced is one reason why they're never really going to be worth silly money. Multiple clean examples are going to be available for a long time (unless you desperately need a spektrum color, which the market so far has shown don't really command much premium outside of the hearts and minds of greedy ass dealers). It's why modern Corvettes depreciate like rocks and Porsche GT cars seem to never stop going up. **Steps off soapbox**
But that was just it. The 1M is memorable. The M2 is just another BMW. Same goes for the Z3 MC. It was ugly, but unique.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
But that was just it. The 1M is memorable. The M2 is just another BMW. Same goes for the Z3 MC. It was ugly, but unique.

Most people have no idea what a 1m is. Ditto for the clown shoe. the 1m would just be a small bmw to non gearheads. The clown shoe might be the car pierce brosnan drove as bond or the ugly bmw from the late 90s. Not arguing they aren’t better investments.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Most people have no idea what a 1m is. Ditto for the clown shoe. the 1m would just be a small bmw to non gearheads. The clown shoe might be the car pierce brosnan drove as bond or the ugly bmw from the late 90s. Not arguing they aren’t better investments.
Bond drove a four cylinder Z3 convertible and a Z8. Never a show.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Bond drove a four cylinder Z3 convertible and a Z8. Never a show.

I know. that was the point.

my uncle collects exotics. He had a Ford GT when I was in college so naturally I got a picture in it and made it my Facebook photo. I got a ton of messages from friends asking me when I got a mustang, including my roommate who owned a mid 90s mustang. Outside the car bubble no one knows shit about shit.

He just got a new gt actually so I might try that again if I can get out to see it before he flips it (scarcity).

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Please tell me it’s Gulf Livery? I still wish they’d make a limited run with the Voodoo in place of the goofball V6. The previous version just seems so much cooler because of the proper engine.