GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I don't think I love my DWS06+'s - reflections and questions - UPDATE:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Bummer. So instead of improving on the DWS06, they neutered them. Glad they still sell the DWS06 at my local dealer... think I might be them before they’re no longer an option. Even though I’m not putting em on till after winter

I can't even remember one time where I made the OG DWS06s squeal - even on aggressive mountain drives. I've heard my DWS06+s chirp a few times now during turns. The last time was last night after my RSB install. It wasn't even a hard turn!

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Getting my DWS06+ mounted as I type this. I chose them over the Michelin PS AS4'S because they're supposedly better in snow, which is always a risk where I live (can go from 6 inches of snow to 65 and sunny and back the same week). While I won't be able to really judge them until I get to experience winter, I do know I'm going to miss my PS4S' on warm days. At least I'm not putting the stock Bridgestones back on.

haste

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
Getting my DWS06+ mounted as I type this. I chose them over the Michelin PS AS4'S because they're supposedly better in snow, which is always a risk where I live (can go from 6 inches of snow to 65 and sunny and back the same week). While I won't be able to really judge them until I get to experience winter, I do know I'm going to miss my PS4S' on warm days. At least I'm not putting the stock Bridgestones back on.

I can attest to the ability of the DWS series in the snow. I live in eastern NC we get a good snow(4+ inches) at least once a year. It's funny seeing pickup trucks and SUVs on the side of the road, but I'm just trucking along in my hatchback. 😛

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Ditto. Super soft sidewalls (try riding in a rwd mid-engine car on DWS06, it's even sketchier!), good wet/cold grip. Most importantly, they were in stock and cheap-ish, cause their main purpose is to park the car on them for 4-5 months since I don't like driving a snowplow.

rrdubbb

Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Added some comments about the differences with tire pressure in my original "review," Thanks Haste and others for the tip. Incase someone is considering this tire still a 'uge difference at 39PSI. I didn't notice much difference in harshness, maybe very very subtle like 1/3 the difference between comfort and Normal DCC.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Anyone know if the DWS06 (non-plus) is still available anywhere? Discount Tire and Tire Rack both show as unavailable.

haste

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
Anyone know if the DWS06 (non-plus) is still available anywhere? Discount Tire and Tire Rack both show as unavailable.
I was lucky and got a set on clearance for my Fiesta ST just a few weeks ago. I'm guessing you can't get them anymore.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I found mine to ride kinda harsh over bumps and such at 39psi and went down to about 36. No real complaints tbh, they've been fun so far, but I'm also not pushing them very much.

amsr

Ready to race!
To be fair Michelin also softened up the PSAS4 a bit compared to the AS3+. I haven’t driven the DWS so I can’t compare, but I recently got the AS4 and the turn in and lateral stability, while good, isn’t quite as good as the previous version. OTOH the ride quality is a bit better - although still not amazing. Grip is outstanding though.