GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Been working on some new cosmetic stuffs. Weather has been bad the last few days, today was the first nice day to shoot some pics.

Not sure if I like the side winglets design. Tried to go for a more “stealth” look rather than some gaudy condor wings. I’m interested to hear some opinions.
(The side winglets are an add on part, the skirt extensions are standalone).

View attachment 233003
View attachment 233004
View attachment 233005
View attachment 233006
View attachment 233007
I like the concept, but I think they're a little to straight and angled. Needs a little more curve IMO. If you can sort of match the lines here, that would be pretty slick:
1639768007050.png

Coincidentally, ordered this...
1639767887758.png

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I like the concept, but I think they're a little to straight and angled. Needs a little more curve IMO. If you can sort of match the lines here, that would be pretty slick:
View attachment 233011

Coincidentally, ordered this...
View attachment 233010

I was thinking the same thing. But at least wanted to see how it did look with a straight design.

Also, thank you for the order! 😁

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Coming up on 40k, and lucked out with a relatively nice day so I pulled the plugs. Considering last couple months jb4’d and what not, I thought they looked pretty good.

Planning on some bolt ons and stage 2 sooner than later so I decided to be a rebel and go w oem rs7 plugs now through fcp. Idle is smooth as butter and pulls hard right to redline.

Thought at first this was going to be a battle with those stupid connectors on the coil packs. But once I got past that, and realizing that my spark plug socket was too short…it was easy breezy cover girl.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed new Morimoto D3S bulbs for my LP. I did not remove the entire front bumper; I used this tool to get that one screw holding the headlight to the fender. You can kinda see the screw in this photo. Driver side.
IMG_8144.JPG

Also found a lot of jizz on the passenger side of my radiator. Time for a new one?
IMG_8145.JPG

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Some unexpected house expenses have come up, so I think I'll be parting out my GTI soon. Let me know if you want an air ride setup, power mirrors, euro tails, helix subwoofer, raceseng shift knob, rotiform RSEs, AWE cat-back, etc. etc. 😬

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Found a small tear in one dust seal on my caliper…boo. Also the powder coating these recently received made some of the tolerances quite tight and they coated it with all the screws/bolts still in so everything was somewhat seized. Ordering some rebuild parts.
My experience on dust covers and tracking is that the covers crack and disappear fairly quickly. Racing calipers often don't even come with them.
Bern

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Some unexpected house expenses have come up, so I think I'll be parting out my GTI soon. Let me know if you want an air ride setup, power mirrors, euro tails, helix subwoofer, raceseng shift knob, rotiform RSEs, AWE cat-back, etc. etc. 😬
absolutely sucks, but I’ve been there before.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Sorry to hear that, man.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI