GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
SE 6-Speed MK-8 in Atlantic Blue Metallic just delivered to a dealer in the Carolinas. They're posting an "MSRP" of $37,369, but the VW site shows an MSRP of $34,295 + $995 = $35,290.

2021-12 001 MK-8 - for upload.jpg

2021-12 002 MK-8 - for upload.jpg

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
SE 6-Speed MK-8 in Atlantic Blue Metallic just delivered to a South Carolina dealer. They're posting an "MSRP" of $37,369, but the VW site shows an MSRP of $34,295 + $995 = $35,290.

View attachment 232291

View attachment 232292
It looks good, but they are really getting the whole ugly wheel thing down to a science. I think it's also safe to say that I'll be taking some dental floss and a hair dryer to the R badge moments after getting home.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
SE 6-Speed MK-8 in Atlantic Blue Metallic just delivered to a dealer in the Carolinas. They're posting an "MSRP" of $37,369, but the VW site shows an MSRP of $34,295 + $995 = $35,290.

View attachment 232291

View attachment 232292
As a guy who had a tremendous problem with that lower intake, I've got to say - it's growing on me.
I saw online that Freehold VW near me in NJ has one in stock.
I may take a ride to see it in the flesh tomorrow.
I'm betting it looks much better in person.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
As a guy who had a tremendous problem with that lower intake, I've got to say - it's growing on me.
I saw online that Freehold VW near me in NJ has one in stock.
I may take a ride to see it in the flesh tomorrow.
I'm betting it looks much better in person.

can confirm, I hated the MK8 when first released images, and in that last year it has grown on me. I went to Ireland last month and saw several Mk8’s - I was officially swayed.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 232291

View attachment 232292

$2,000 of add-ons isn't unbelievable at all. The leather seat package, which it looks like it might have (kinda hard to tell from the pics) is a $1,225 option alone.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's a shame they've decided that yellow should be their showcase color since it's honestly worse than any other design decision on the car lol

That blue looks better than any other color so far.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It looks good, but they are really getting the whole ugly wheel thing down to a science. I think it's also safe to say that I'll be taking some dental floss and a hair dryer to the R badge moments after getting home.
That thing is a total tramp stamp. I'm glad that you know you're better than that.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
My car is almost identical to the one above but with different wheels, lower intake grill & 'zorst tips not showing. Also mine is filthy :oops:, not a car cleaning enthusiast. And it's surprising, it ain't perfect but DOES grow on you....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Seems like the mk8 has less wheel gap. I'm down with that. Those wheels are awful though and probably weigh 28 lbs.