GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAGCOM in Morris/Bergen County Area?

8kGoodEnuff

Ready to race!
Hey Everyone,

I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've been having the issue linked below from VW Vortex and ended up bringing to a shop in Mahwah NJ and they were unable to "find" any issues and just wouldn't listen to me when I was telling them what is wrong and what needs to be done. I've called a few dealerships and I get the same response - "I've never heard of that situation but bring in your car for diagnostics for $150" or whatever their rate is.

The VAQ eDiff is not locking when I know for 100% certainty it used to because I purposely used put the car in potential one-wheel spin scenarios in the snow and there was never, ever an issue - it would lock up and away we'd go. Now, it acts like an open differential (scene from My Cousin Vinny comes to mind lol).

Anyway, if anyone knows of any shop or individual that can attempt resetting the adaptations settings using VAGCOM, that would be great.

FYI - I do have OBD11 and I'm able to scroll through the menu to get it started but it never completes.

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/pp-gti-owners-is-your-diff-not-as-strong-as-it-once-was.7291394/

Thank You.

8kGoodEnuff

Ready to race!
I am not sure if they can help, but you could try Caste Systems Performance in Norwood.

Thank you - it's a lead and I will email them to ask if they use VAGCOM.

I'd be surprised if there aren't more shops or individuals in the tri-state area using VAGCOM. I actually tried multiple times getting a hole of RjRacing since he is based out of NY but I'm not sure he's on the forums anymore since I haven't gotten a response.

Thanks.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Pretty sure A2B in Randolph could help with this but otherwise, good luck.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Douglas VW. They have went above and beyond the times ive been