GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
My car got a stablemate! I finally convinced my girlfriend to go to the dark side and a few weeks ago she picked up a 2021 Jetta S 1.4 in pure white with the 8 speed auto.

1F19DF2F-65C3-47B8-9D9A-3A01C6E48795.jpeg

688D9DFD-14AC-4C8D-8711-9EA9EFD0A2DC.jpeg

I haven’t driven it too much, but it’s quiet, smooth, and efficient. She’s gotten almost 45mpg on the highway and it’s not even broken in yet. It’s peppy around town and has some nice turbo torque. It’s no GLI, but more than enough for daily driving. Overall it’s a pretty neat car, and I like it a lot.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My car got a stablemate! I finally convinced my girlfriend to go to the dark side and a few weeks ago she picked up a 2021 Jetta S 1.4 in pure white with the 8 speed auto.

View attachment 231589

View attachment 231590

I haven’t driven it too much, but it’s quiet, smooth, and efficient. She’s gotten almost 45mpg on the highway and it’s not even broken in yet. It’s peppy around town and has some nice turbo torque. It’s no GLI, but more than enough for daily driving. Overall it’s a pretty neat car, and I like it a lot.
A few weeks and no mod? Tsk Tsk….come on Colby…..

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
We have a 2019 S for one of our daily's, i love it. Th MPG for road trips is amazing.

Also, finally ordered some stuff for black friday sales. After much research and debate, I've decided the IS20/IS38 IS all i want with my vehicle (inb4 'for now' comments). Ive had an extensively modified Evo X before on upgrade turbo, cams, fuel system, e85 etc, so I've just decided to go with E85 IS20 / Eblend IS38 considering i still think my 91 octane IS20 rips and just invest into some more actual seat time in the car having fun rather than crazy horsepower figures.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 1.28.39 PM.png

Last edited:

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Finally gonna replace the oem continental contisports, which haven't been all that bad honestly. They were a much better tire than the pzero neros my mk6 came with at least. The rears are down to the wear bars and the fronts are really close, so it's time. They'll be replaced with extremecontact sports.
Love my EXS’s. Great tire for price.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
GLI ACC faults round two.

It made it six days before they came back, and it sat in the garage since then while we were on vacation.

After a hour at the dealership they come out and ask me if I messed with it. No, I paid $200 for you to fix it and haven’t touched it since.

To make matters worst it’s cold outside and Christmas music is on loop in the lobby. If I’m still here in 25 minutes the ‘19 R in the showroom is going for a rip lol.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

It made it six days before they came back, and it sat in the garage since then while we were on vacation.

After a hour at the dealership they come out and ask me if I messed with it. No, I paid $200 for you to fix it and haven’t touched it since.

To make matters worst it’s cold outside and Christmas music is on loop in the lobby. If I’m still here in 25 minutes the ‘19 R in the showroom is going for a rip lol.
Dooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeet

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
took the long way home for a fun loop. Snows are going on soon and fun speeds will have to be decreased. There was a pucker moment when rounding a corner and all of a sudden there was blinding sun in my eyes.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Think they'll give you shit for the FMIC somehow interfering?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Think they'll give you shit for the FMIC somehow interfering?

I’d welcome that debate.

They had no problem charging me for a alignment, and I paid for it. They must have got it just barely into spec and now they’ve gotta take the time to re align it. If it’s anything short of that we’ll have issues.

I’ve been here two hours now, so hopefully they’re about done.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have no intention on buying a R, but it would be more fun than sitting here bored lol
Never thought you would, but while you're there........might as well....better than just sitting in that Ikea-like environment, drinking crappy coffee