GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah. Knobs are a step in the right direction. The S trim is where I’d be looking. Front diff, LED lights, cloth, and no sunroof.

I’d like to see a R with at least no sun roof though.

with 8700mi on my 19, I’m not going to be in the market any time soon.

Mileage is never the issue for me getting bored with a car. I have a 3 year attention span, then I get itchy all over when I see a new car.

I need to see a real doctor.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Mileage is never the issue for me getting bored with a car. I have a 3 year attention span, then I get itchy all over when I see a new car.

I need to see a real doctor.

I agree. Deal was I couldn’t mod till warranty us up. This has kept me on the “I’ll do this” path for a couple years now. We’ll see when I start modding how fast I’ll burn out.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I might end up keeping this one for autocross and tracking and get a nice daily though. I almost did that with the NC, but it was just obliterated by the ND, it wasn't worth it.

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Edit
Car and Driver posted a comparison: MK8, Veloster N, and the Toybaru Twins. In my opinion, it looks like the GTI could have won the overall score it it had the ergonomics and interior styling of the MK7.

C&D

coniglio rampante

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Edit
Poor pokey NC, they really lost the plot on that one.
I drove my old Miata for 19 years and 194,000 miles. While the NC is my “least favorite” generation, I can’t deny that the chassis being based on the RX8 architecture, MZR motor, and stout transmission, proved to be effective foundations for modifications and track use over the NA/NB platform (which are really the same basic structure designed in the 1980’s.)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The funny thing is, everyone dumps on the NC for being a "bad Miata", but it's still an objectively great car and very fun to drive. Sure it's hideous, but I would still drive one.

It's was still a pretty fantastic car,
until the ND came along. The ND2 just slaughters it.

I didn't think it was bad looking though.

FB_IMG_1562593029129.jpg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The Clubs were certainly the best looking. It was just big and heavy compared to what came before (and after), it wasn't a bad car, just not the same thing as what it started out as. I'm glad they've course corrected.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
Car and Driver posted a comparison: MK8, Veloster N, and the Toybaru Twins. In my opinion, it looks like the GTI could have won the overall score it it had the ergonomics and interior styling of the MK7.

C&D

I've started to tune out all the reviews and comparos. (North American market)
Every single one mentions the 30K base price
Every single one condemns the GTI for the infotainment and the lack of knobs.
Every single single review seems to be of the Autobahn model which is close to 40K
No one seems to have reviewed the base model that actually cost 30K and has a different infotainment system featuring 2 big old knobs.

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Thought I'd never say it but, yes, it is growing on me. Still don't care for the fog lamps. But looks ok with the fogs off.
May get none in 2023 or 2024 IF I can get it without the sun roof in the USA.