GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE stage 2 crackle tune not exactly as expected

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I would have to agree, the same crowd that shows up at a car meet, does a burnout in their Honda civic, and starts a fight before getting kicked out. But I don't think that's all Honda Civic drivers. I think the 1-2 drivers that stand out do not represent the majority.
Agreed. My comment was definitely overgeneralizing the crowd but they are the majority. Just expressing my thoughts but please carry on everyone.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
In my experience, the people who complain about loud cars are the same people who mow their lawn at 7am on a Saturday morning...

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
In my experience, the people who complain about loud cars are the same people who mow their lawn at 7am on a Saturday morning...
I disagree. the people with loud cars ARE the people who mow their lawn at 7am because they're looking for some sort of meaning in their life and need attention and will demand it even if it's not given to them. they don't give a shit about other people but desperately want the approval of strangers at the same time.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I disagree. the people with loud cars ARE the people who mow their lawn at 7am because they're looking for some sort of meaning in their life and need attention and will demand it even if it's not given to them. they don't give a shit about other people but desperately want the approval of strangers at the same time.
That's the common denominator: Not caring about anyone but yourself.
The guy who mows his lawn before 8am, or the asshole across the street from me and to the right who uses his leaf blower when he comes home every night after work about 6:30 - even in the dark!
Share the same thing in common with the kid who tears through the neighborhood way above the speed limit, with his pops and bangs resonating for blocks.
They only think of themselves.
I'll extend that to idea that their parents didn't teach them any better.

I grew up on a dead and street less than two hundred yards long.
Throughout my life, there were always little kids on that block, (of which I was one at one time) a quiet tree lined block.
When I became a teenager, and friends came to pick me up in their cars blasting Judas Priest, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc. through their Jensen triaxles - my mom told me to tell them to drive slow down the block because there were often kids playing in the street, or who could run out between parked cars.
She told me to tell them to lower the music too.
You know what?
She was right. I couldn't argue with her, because she was right and I knew it.
Even 17 year old me realized that, and even my jerkoff friends (a term of endearment we still use for each other) knew she was right, and respected her.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
The guy who mows his lawn before 8am, or the asshole across the street from me and to the right who uses his leaf blower when he comes home every night after work about 6:30 - even in the dark!
Share the same thing in common with the kid who tears through the neighborhood way above the speed limit, with his pops and bangs resonating for blocks.

Throughout my life, there were always little kids on that block, (of which I was one at one time) a quiet tree lined block.
When I became a teenager, and friends came to pick me up in their cars blasting Judas Priest, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc. through their Jensen triaxles - my mom told me to tell them to drive slow down the block because there were often kids playing in the street, or who could run out between parked cars.
You know what?
Even 17 year old me realized that, and even my jerkoff friends (a term of endearment we still use for each other) knew she was right, and respected her.
said what i really wanted to say. kudos.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
said what i really wanted to say. kudos.
Thanks!
Respect for others, and the desire to have peace and quiet respected shouldn't be something that's exclusive to grouchy old men and "Karen's."

Docterlat

Passed Driver's Ed
I would have to agree, the same crowd that shows up at a car meet, does a burnout in their Honda civic, and starts a fight before getting kicked out. But I don't think that's all Honda Civic drivers. I think the 1-2 drivers that stand out do not represent the majority.
They're usually the same crowd from my experience. Poppin off like they're not driving a shit box 4 banger (usually)
Had a similar issue with a 370Z treating apartment parking like a racetrack. Walked down one day while his hood was open, took pictures of his plates in front of him, and started walking away. He asked what was up, I told him this is not a racetrack, his behavior is not appreciated, and I was collecting the information to go with a video for an ongoing police report. Never saw the dude parked on my end of the lot again. Never had a problem at 2am ever again.

Is your problem with crackle tunes, or some vocal minority of people that don't know how to behave regardless of the social situation?

You know what?
So I got a crackle tune

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
You're only really punishing yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Dont forget his parents too. Especially since they paid for it. God bless em

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Stratified allows me to turn on and off the pops and bangs (it has more gurgle and less bangs than everyone else too) does any other tuning company do the same? I turn it on rarely, it would drive me nuts if it was on all the time.

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
Had a similar issue with a 370Z treating apartment parking like a racetrack. Walked down one day while his hood was open, took pictures of his plates in front of him, and started walking away. He asked what was up, I told him this is not a racetrack, his behavior is not appreciated, and I was collecting the information to go with a video for an ongoing police report. Never saw the dude parked on my end of the lot again. Never had a problem at 2am ever again.

Is your problem with crackle tunes, or some vocal minority of people that don't know how to behave regardless of the social situation?
To be fair, he did buy a 370Z to live out FF Tokyo Drift parking garage fantasies. The drifting up and down ramps, not buying knock-off Nikes and iPods, I assume

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm making the switch to IEs stage 2 soon and while I admit I'll probable do pops and bangs to try the novelty of it, I'm guessing I'll switch back almost immediately. I can see even our track day officials possibly getting annoyed.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Stratified allows me to turn on and off the pops and bangs (it has more gurgle and less bangs than everyone else too) does any other tuning company do the same? I turn it on rarely, it would drive me nuts if it was on all the time.
Eurodyne has the crackle option but no official map for it. I’ve been messing with the settings but have not been able to get a “subtle” crackle. On low speed decel it burbles; on heavier acceleration/decel (freeway) its pretty loud. You can also make it work only in Sport mode (and leave Normal…. normal).

Last edited: