GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 GTi PP at VIR

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
That is a great video. What kind of car is the camera car? I'm sure you coordinated?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Congrats on the personal best!!! 👏

What specific issue are you running into when overlaying data? I typically will trim my GoPro video down to my best lap, then upload that file to my iCloud account. Once there I can access it from my iPhone, and overlay it in Harry’s.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
That is a great video. What kind of car is the camera car? I'm sure you coordinated?
I agree. My buddy in an F80 M3. It’s a very different perspective and helpful to see what the car is doing. How the car handles the curbs. My line and car placement is clear for everyone to see. This rearward view was very informative for me.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Standing by for the in-car with data…..
Working on it.
I want to see how much speed I’m carrying through the esses and a couple other places.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Congrats on the personal best!!! 👏

What specific issue are you running into when overlaying data? I typically will trim my GoPro video down to my best lap, then upload that file to my iCloud account. Once there I can access it from my iPhone, and overlay it in Harry’s.
Thanks Ronnie! Its been a long crazy year working on the car, but so worth it in the end.
I upped my rear tire pressures 5psi and that made all the difference to my car balance. It freed up the rear allowing the car to rotate and I could pick up the throttle sooner. Before I was just getting more understeer when trying to accelerate.
I got down to a 2:12 on Friday. Saturday’s sessions were chaotic with traffic.
I knew the first session Sunday morning would be the best opportunity to lay down a time. The cold temps helped the motor make power but the track was also cold and slick. Judging cold tire pressures was tricky.

I’ve been reluctant to stiffen my 034 RSB because of a code brown moment at T10 when I ran out of talent 2yrs ago.
But freeing up the rear has made the car faster through sector 2 and helped T1 & T3. Just need to figure out what the right amount of “loose” is, to keep overall balance Around VIR.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks Ronnie! Its been a long crazy year working on the car, but so worth it in the end.
I upped my rear tire pressures 5psi and that made all the difference to my car balance. It freed up the rear allowing the car to rotate and I could pick up the throttle sooner. Before I was just getting more understeer when trying to accelerate.
I got down to a 2:12 on Friday. Saturday’s sessions were chaotic with traffic.
I knew the first session Sunday morning would be the best opportunity to lay down a time. The cold temps helped the motor make power but the track was also cold and slick. Judging cold tire pressures was tricky.

I’ve been reluctant to stiffen my 034 RSB because of a code brown moment at T10 when I ran out of talent 2yrs ago.
But freeing up the rear has made the car faster through sector 2 and helped T1 & T3. Just need to figure out what the right amount of “loose” is, to keep overall balance Around VIR.

Curious what your cold and hot tire pressures are.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I started the weekend at 30/34 which gave me 38/38psi hot F/R @ 39F

Sunday morning I started on 31/37 which gave me 41/43 @ 30F
Ended Sunday on 30.5/37 which gave me 42/44psi hot F/R @ 48F

Next time out, I will start at 30/37

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
That rear following camera angle sure makes it seem like slow speeds.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I started the weekend at 30/34 which gave me 38/38psi hot F/R @ 39F

Sunday morning I started on 31/37 which gave me 41/43 @ 30F
Ended Sunday on 30.5/37 which gave me 42/44psi hot F/R @ 48F

Next time out, I will start at 30/37

I shoot for 38f 42 rear hot. Temps during track season here range from 50 to 100 degrees, so starting temps are always a struggle, especially since I don't have very many track days on this car, wheel and tire setup, now I'm moving to a new tire.

That 18 degree increase in ambient temperature sure made a big difference in a cold pressure of 30-ish.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I like the balance when there is a 4psi difference front to rear.
I pushed a little harder in my last session on Sunday, there was also less traffic. So a combination of that, higher ambient and a warming track surface.
About to process that video.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
NEW PB @ VIR 2:10.1

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It'll be interested to see my vmax at Daytona and Sebring. Looks like your picked up significant gains on the straights. Still no issues with your brakes?

Last edited:

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
NEW PB @ VIR 2:10.1

Amazing!!! It’s scary how close our speeds are, obviously your line is better. I will say you maintain better speeds up the climbing esses, but we both end up at around 111 at the top and 85-86 at T10. Few things are as rewarding as setting a PB after fighting issues. Well done 👍

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I'll be interested to see my vmax at Daytona and Sebring. Looks like your picked significant gains in the straights. Still so issues with your brakes?
I maxed out at 136mph last year on the IS20.
With the IS38 and failing O2 sensor Vmax hit 140mph
Last weekend with much cooler temps and fresh O2 Vmax reached 142mph

No issues with the brakes.