GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where's the drain plug here?

sukafun

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7
Hi Guys,

Can someone please tell me where is the drain plug for the transmission fluid is located as I can't find it?

This's a manual MK7 TSI 1.4.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20211121_155234.jpg
    20211121_155234.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

sukafun

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7
I tried to find any info in the car manual but nothing about the gearbox.

This's my car specs how would I know the gearbox code?

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 90 TSI COMFORTLINE Manual MK7 AU 4 Door Hatchback FWD PETROL 1.4 litre, CXSA I4 16v DOHC I/C Turbo Direct Inj {90kW}

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I tried to find any info in the car manual but nothing about the gearbox.

This's my car specs how would I know the gearbox code?

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 90 TSI COMFORTLINE Manual MK7 AU 4 Door Hatchback FWD PETROL 1.4 litre, CXSA I4 16v DOHC I/C Turbo Direct Inj {90kW}

Looking at the data I have its likely your car has an MQ200 designation 6 speed gearbox, with the old type code of a 0AJ...& when matted to your engine has a subcode of PRL or MYF.

As I don't know which gearbox you car has you will have to look at the data stickers in the boot, or the handbook, as the two possible gearboxes require different oils to each other...

The procedure etc is all in that post I previously linked to, but I'll repeat it here:-

Procedure for the MQ200 gearboxes
This is the old VAG gearbox drain. Basically there is one drain plug by the driveshaft to drain & one high up on the same section to fill. Undo the drain plug, drain oil, refit drain plug, drop car down to level ground. Then fill the oil via the upper plug until it comes out of the plug. Basically the oil is level when it reaches the bottom of the fill plug hole & stop pouring out! If the drain/fill plug is a 12point TX star anti-tamper torque to 25Nm, if its a six side hex type, torque to 30Nm.

MQ200 6-speed:-
0AJ design type fitted to:-
Petrol 1.0lt, 81kW 85kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- QGG, REK, SEE
Petrol 1.2lt, 77kW 81kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- MYF, PRL, RGN, RKC, SEH, SEK
Petrol 1.4lt, 81kW 85kW, 90kW, 92kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- MYF, PRL, RGN, SEH, SEK
Petrol 1.5lt, 96kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- RLP, SEL,
Oil type required =
G 052 171 oil = MYF
G 052 527 oil = PRL, REK, RGN
Quantity of oil = 2.3lt
12 point drain/fill plugs 25Nm, six point = 30Nm

sukafun

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7
Looking at the data I have its likely your car has an MQ200 designation 6 speed gearbox, with the old type code of a 0AJ...& when matted to your engine has a subcode of PRL or MYF.

As I don't know which gearbox you car has you will have to look at the data stickers in the boot, or the handbook, as the two possible gearboxes require different oils to each other...

The procedure etc is all in that post I previously linked to, but I'll repeat it here:-

Procedure for the MQ200 gearboxes
This is the old VAG gearbox drain. Basically there is one drain plug by the driveshaft to drain & one high up on the same section to fill. Undo the drain plug, drain oil, refit drain plug, drop car down to level ground. Then fill the oil via the upper plug until it comes out of the plug. Basically the oil is level when it reaches the bottom of the fill plug hole & stop pouring out! If the drain/fill plug is a 12point TX star anti-tamper torque to 25Nm, if its a six side hex type, torque to 30Nm.

MQ200 6-speed:-
0AJ design type fitted to:-
Petrol 1.0lt, 81kW 85kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- QGG, REK, SEE
Petrol 1.2lt, 77kW 81kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- MYF, PRL, RGN, RKC, SEH, SEK
Petrol 1.4lt, 81kW 85kW, 90kW, 92kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- MYF, PRL, RGN, SEH, SEK
Petrol 1.5lt, 96kW = Codes stamped on gearbox casing:- RLP, SEL,
Oil type required =
G 052 171 oil = MYF
G 052 527 oil = PRL, REK, RGN
Quantity of oil = 2.3lt
12 point drain/fill plugs 25Nm, six point = 30Nm
"one drain plug by the driveshaft to drain & one high up on the same section to fill" does that mean I'll find these plugs when I remove the front tyres? Sorry for my noob question but I still can't figure it out :(

I had a look at the stickers and also some codes written under the hood but didn't find any codes matching the above. What I found is

Model 5G1
Version 2GX

Other codes found
VW AG
DE
HWE
CSX
MQB

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
"one drain plug by the driveshaft to drain & one high up on the same section to fill" does that mean I'll find these plugs when I remove the front tyres? Sorry for my noob question but I still can't figure it out :(

I had a look at the stickers and also some codes written under the hood but didn't find any codes matching the above. What I found is

Model 5G1
Version 2GX

Other codes found
VW AG
DE
HWE
CSX
MQB

You don't need to remove the wheels, just crawl under the car further it will be visible..basically you have to look on the faces of the gearbox where the driveshafts come out...

& those codes aren't the gearbox codes...

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I think you might wanna take this one to a shop...