GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I dunno, my wife's Tiguan had the base halogens and I'm not sure I would have noticed if they were off in the dark before I changed them out.
I had them on my GTI as well, it's how I convinced my wife that I needed to spend the money on Ed's. The light output was unsafe. I find it amazing that I can't get even projectors on a base GTI, much less HIDs. My 2010 Mazda has projectors with standard bulbs from the factory, and light output is fine there. Not HID fine, but acceptable.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I own an 18 S and 19 Rabbit, can confirm that the LED DRLs are about as bright as the Halogens.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You were one of THOSE people :confused:

I see this more and more lately...people running with their lights off at night...only seeing with their running lights. They are like dangerous ghosts in the night! Highway at 70mph? No tail lights...very little light up front through their DRLs...its like people have lost their brains. We've all done it on very well-lit roads, but I am seeing people run with no lights in complete darkness at least 30% of the time I am out at night. I've blinked my lights and honked my horns to get the attention of these people only for them to look at my like I am crazy. :ROFLMAO:(n)

Seriously wth people, if you feel like "you can't see" pull over and figure it out damn it.
I get in front of them and turn off my lights for a couple of seconds then turn them on. Do this a few times.

It's never worked once. They're totally oblivious

So my next attempt is to just crash into the back of them and just show the cops the footage of them not having their lights on.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I get in front of them and turn off my lights for a couple of seconds then turn them on. Do this a few times.

It's never worked once. They're totally oblivious

So my next attempt is to just crash into the back of them and just show the cops the footage of them not having their lights on.
I do the same but from behind. I've got about a 5-10% success rate.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I got gapped by a headers, (and I assume pulley/tune) Cadillac CTS-V in a little 50-120 pull. Dude just drove away from me. He put about 2-3 cars on me. I don’t think I’ve ever been gapped that badly before 😂
On the other hand the cts driver was probably shocked you kept up as much as you did

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm buying my 3rd MK7 today

i have issues