GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The XTAs come with camber plates
You should be fine then, do you know what your caster is at? That will be more of an affect for where the cars gonna rub with that, since yes- 255 is wider but 43et is super mild, and since you’re running a 35 profile it’s not taller than an oem spec tire.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
You should be fine then, do you want your caster is at? That’s will be more of an affect for where the cars gonna rub with that, since yes- 255 is wider but 43et is super mild, and since you’re running a 35 profile it’s not taller than an oem spec tire.
I don’t have my alignment sheet on me, it’s in my car - should be able to let you know shortly on the caster number. I really love the meaty look and was really aiming to get that to work. Going to run some Superspeed RF06RRs.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
L
You should be fine then, do you know what your caster is at? That will be more of an affect for where the cars gonna rub with that, since yes- 255 is wider but 43et is super mild, and since you’re running a 35 profile it’s not taller than an oem spec tire.

Looks like I have 8 degrees (about) of caster. How would caster impact rubbing? Does it have to do with rubbing at full turn/lock?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
L

Looks like I have 8 degrees (about) of caster. How would caster impact rubbing? Does it have to do with rubbing at full turn/lock?
Using @EpicTech photo for ref.

When you have added +caster it moves the wheel forward and the spot on our cars that create the most rubbing issues is at the fender to bumper where the bracket tab is.

My fitment is super aggressive and I had to cut/delete that section to to clear my tires and the back portion of the wheel well fenders still clear the tire even with the front side touching.

3CBE294E-7A83-4BD9-8E14-ADFA7E48189E.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Did you go to the 245's then? or down to 235?
225's and I still rub at the pre-mentioned bracket where bumper mates to fender. Annoying as everything too.

Edit: look at the photo, you can tell I prob rub, but its only at max suspension compression. (Like a bad dip in the road, otherwise car is fine)

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
225's and I still rub at the pre-mentioned bracket where bumper mates to fender. Annoying as everything too.

Edit: look at the photo, you can tell I prob rub, but its only at max suspension compression. (Like a bad dip in the road, otherwise car is fine)
Do you have caster arms? Or are you just on coilovers? Y’all are great thanks for all of your help!

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
He’s super low… the way our suspension geometry works the caster increases as it goes down.
Any idea how low you have to go for caster to cause rub? The overall diameter of the wheel shouldn’t change, but I suppose at full lock it would become an issue.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am set at a 2.5 drop, On BC coilovers. Now, I am running a 10mm spacer to clear the brake caliper upgrade (Macan swap), and I clear those by the width of a sharpie fine point marker. Moving forward when I go big turbo, I will change the spacer to a 5mm (and pray I clear), raise the coilovers a half inch to 3/4 inch, and change tires to something meatier, so that I can run more tire.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
In case you wondering about the Sharpie marker reference:
IMG-2251.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hey y'all, I've been running 255/30/19s on HRE FF01s (19x8.5 et47) on my mk7.5 R for a few months, mild rubs in the rears on the liners for maybe a week. I've been a big fan of willtheyfit.com for some years, as I have an 80s irs Celica that I've 2j swapped & used it for many of different 15" wheel/ tire combos with that slammed setup on it. I'm looking to size down to 18s on the R with a higher sidewall (radi8 r8b12 18x8.5 et40) and was looking for some suggestions for rubber, my first thoughts are keeping a square-ish setup of a 245/40/18 with the smaller wheels. I'm on stock dcc suspension on my R, but I'm trying to close the fender gap with some EMD lowering springs, yet still handle Oakland/ Bay Area pothole BS. I've been scouring the majority of th VW & fitment forums trying to get an idea, but I'm currently at a deadlock, any love would be appreciated! This is my DD & trying to run the line between slight comfort & performance (track days), I'm on a apr tune with all bolt-ons, hybrid upgrade on the way. The stock 235/35/19s on HREs were like driving on clay wheels! I need some help! If you're in the Bay, swing through 30th & Telegraph! Cheers!

I think 18's are the right answer and you will have a ton of room with the 245's. Do you have DCC?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^OMG that looks so good. Wheel/tire specs?