What did you do to your mk7 today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Repaced Spark Plugs.

Guess what, noticed some oil on my drive way this morning. Put the car on a lift and got a leak under the car. They say its the RMS. Very very upset. When I did my clutch 5 months ago I did the iAbed RMS and it started to leak few days later. Ended up being install error from the looks of it. Ordered another with the warranty FCP offers and got the iAbed new again and installed at another shop. They installed it good and I had no leaks for months. Now we got a leak and I’m very disappointed as I have to drop the trans a THIRD time. Very disappointed and already spent 1k in just labor for the RMS to drop the trans.

9E146F36-AA7C-4C9C-B81E-EE41FB766E25.jpeg

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Sticking with the same installer too? Lol
Probably, probably not. I'm gonna b leaking for a month tbh. It's a slow leak. I'm broke asf. Just did the spark plugs to see if that helps with my misfires. There's always something popping up smh.

I don't understand how the RMS is leaking when it was perfectly fine for 4-5 months with 0 leaks. Did the seal just give up? Hard driving could cause this? I'm honestly in shock how this shit is leaking randomly. Could it be anything besides the RMS?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Probably, probably not. I'm gonna b leaking for a month tbh. It's a slow leak. I'm broke asf. Just did the spark plugs to see if that helps with my misfires. There's always something popping up smh.

I don't understand how the RMS is leaking when it was perfectly fine for 4-5 months with 0 leaks. Did the seal just give up? Hard driving could cause this? I'm honestly in shock how this shit is leaking randomly. Could it be anything besides the RMS?

Could be the PCV malfunctioning causing excessive crankcase pressure and forcing oil out. Has there been any oil consumption?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
My OEM RMS was leaking around 25k miles, dealer replaced it under warranty. Luck of the draw I guess

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Could be the PCV malfunctioning causing excessive crankcase pressure and forcing oil out. Has there been any oil consumption?
I don't think so. Just did an oil change today so I can't tell. When the I pulled the spark plugs 2 had some oil if that matters.

Can I just take off the engine cover and inspect the PCV from the top?

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
The keyfob’s GTI’s black paint chipped out so I grabbed some of the wife’s nail polish. Why didn’t they make it red originally? 🤣

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Repaced Spark Plugs.

Guess what, noticed some oil on my drive way this morning. Put the car on a lift and got a leak under the car. They say its the RMS. Very very upset. When I did my clutch 5 months ago I did the iAbed RMS and it started to leak few days later. Ended up being install error from the looks of it. Ordered another with the warranty FCP offers and got the iAbed new again and installed at another shop. They installed it good and I had no leaks for months. Now we got a leak and I’m very disappointed as I have to drop the trans a THIRD time. Very disappointed and already spent 1k in just labor for the RMS to drop the trans.

View attachment 228297
112k miles on my car, 63k of it on my DKM twin disk & still on the original RMS.