GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cruise control issue?...

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
I just recently discovered my cruise control is not working. When I turn it on from the steering wheel, its an orange icon with an exclamation point. I did replace my steering wheel with an aftermarket unit. Thanks for the help

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Do you have a check engine light on or other engine code present when you scan? That’ll happen if so.

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Does the aftermarket wheel reuse the OEM buttons, or are they integrated into the buttons? Are you able to pull the wheel to confirm that your connections are seated properly and there's no damage to the wires/connectors? I've looked at some of the fancy aftermarket wheels from time to time, but I'm a bit hesitant personally due to the airbag.

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
I checked all the connections on the aftermarket steering wheel and none are pinched or damaged. Yes it does uses the OEM switches. The installation is not that hard, as long as you know what you're doing.
I thought it was the switch, but I can turn it on and off. I can also control the radio with the switch, so it can't be broken. I'm so confused why its not working

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I checked all the connections on the aftermarket steering wheel and none are pinched or damaged. Yes it does uses the OEM switches. The installation is not that hard, as long as you know what you're doing.
I thought it was the switch, but I can turn it on and off. I can also control the radio with the switch, so it can't be broken. I'm so confused why its not working
It sounds like it may not be related to the steering wheel, in that case. Are you still under warranty/is getting the dealer to look at it an option? Alternatively, I know VCDS gives a lot of module testing capabilities, if OBD11 has similar it may be worth investigating the module that controls cruise control.

Since you have a '17, do you have the early or late style? Is it possible you've got an issue with the ACC sensor? I'm told (by the dealer, so grain of salt and whatnot) that anytime the bumper/grille is off of the car the sensor for ACC needs to be recalibrated, not sure how accurate that is but that could potentially be related.

Again, sorry I can't be more help, and I'm probably retreading things you've already looked at, but just so if someone smarter than I (very likely) sees this thread, they could chime in based on what's already been ruled out.

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
It sounds like it may not be related to the steering wheel, in that case. Are you still under warranty/is getting the dealer to look at it an option? Alternatively, I know VCDS gives a lot of module testing capabilities, if OBD11 has similar it may be worth investigating the module that controls cruise control.

Since you have a '17, do you have the early or late style? Is it possible you've got an issue with the ACC sensor? I'm told (by the dealer, so grain of salt and whatnot) that anytime the bumper/grille is off of the car the sensor for ACC needs to be recalibrated, not sure how accurate that is but that could potentially be related.

Again, sorry I can't be more help, and I'm probably retreading things you've already looked at, but just so if someone smarter than I (very likely) sees this thread, they could chime in based on what's already been ruled out.
My GTI is a sport and has no ACC. It's just confusing that out of nowhere, it stopped working. Unfortunately, I don't have any more warranty

Harryv15

Car(s)
2017 Mk7 GTI S
My GTI is a sport and has no ACC. It's just confusing that out of nowhere, it stopped working. Unfortunately, I don't have any more warranty
Any fix to this issue? I’m experimenting the same exact thing. Started happening after after having a weak battery and wont go away. Air bag light is also on and wont clear