GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 Upgrade Issues

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
He's one of the better tuners for this platform - just chill and let the man handle it.
That's what I heard too hence why I chose him but when I told him I was having issues getting him a decent log without throwing the EPC I got no answer.. It's been months and he still hasn't been able to take the time to tell me anything which is why I posted here. I'm not trying to discredit him so take it easy, I've seen his tunes and they look amazing that's just not my experience.. yet. The IS20 tune didn't throw the code once. I didn't REALLY get on it because well it's not tuned for the IS38 but I did go over 3k RPMs a time or two while monitoring the wastegate voltage and it actually worked as intended, no codes, no fluctuations and it was opening when it should have which leads me to believe it has been the tune the entire time, imo. I'll continue to "chill" but if I still don't hear from him by November I'm switching tuners because it's pretty ridiculous.

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
That's what I heard too hence why I chose him but when I told him I was having issues getting him a decent log without throwing the EPC I got no answer.. It's been months and he still hasn't been able to take the time to tell me anything which is why I posted here. I'm not trying to discredit him so take it easy, I've seen his tunes and they look amazing that's just not my experience.. yet. The IS20 tune didn't throw the code once. I didn't REALLY get on it because well it's not tuned for the IS38 but I did go over 3k RPMs a time or two while monitoring the wastegate voltage and it actually worked as intended, no codes, no fluctuations and it was opening when it should have which leads me to believe it has been the tune the entire time, imo. I'll continue to "chill" but if I still don't hear from him by November I'm switching tuners because it's pretty ridiculous.
if youre really impatient maybe run a basemap from a different tuner and see if it still throws the epic light. while you wait to hear back from him

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If it has been months without a response (and it's been over 4 months since this thread was started), I don't think OP is being impatient at this point.
Cleary all would agree there, also I would assume no one waits on a email for months thinking the response is about to come “tomorrow” it’s clear the message was lost or missed.
That’s not how Andrew (sneeky) operates if you’re not getting a response within a few days -max a week there’s either an email
Issue or you’re created separate email threads each time or yours daily bumping your email.

SilverMK7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Cleary all would agree there, also I would assume no one waits on a email for months thinking the response is about to come “tomorrow” it’s clear the message was lost or missed.
That’s not how Andrew (sneeky) operates if you’re not getting a response within a few days -max a week there’s either an email
Issue or you’re created separate email threads each time or yours daily bumping your email.
The only response I got was him letting me know that I composed the email in a regular message and not the email thread which I admit I was exhausted, it was an honest mistake but I corrected it not even a minute later so that can't be the issue.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I get an EPC and limp mode on my E48 sneeky IS38 tune every great once in a while - IIRC it's the overboost code.

It seems limited to when traction control is off and i punch it really hard when the tires have a chance to spin because of lack of grip.

A good example is the tight right hand onramp from the road my office is on, onto the freeway. When the traffic is clear, it's really fun. It's southbound Decatur onto 215W - El_Bigote can probably testify. Anyhoo..

I get about a 55 mph run up, trail brake in and right as the car starts to rotate and drift, I punch it. I can hear the front wheel lose grip, the rpms climb and then EPC right around 5800rpm.

I'm kind of over hunting down issues, so instead I just let off before the point where EPC would happen.