GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex Supporting mods?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Corn juice changes the game with these cars and MPI allows you to run full E85.
Only issue is the closest e85 pump is over 30 min away and I grew up in the smallest state out there. 30 min is a trek for me. Lol. Especially with how quickly I've heard you go through a tank of full e85. I definitely want to so bad but idk if it's worth it.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Only issue is the closest e85 pump is over 30 min away and I grew up in the smallest state out there. 30 min is a trek for me. Lol. Especially with how quickly I've heard you go through a tank of full e85. I definitely want to so bad but idk if it's worth it.
It's impractical unless you're passing it on your daily commute.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I also would not suggest meth injection, on a daily driver its more of annoyance and something else to go wrong. Stick with 93.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Crazy how I daily my car with with Ethanol blending and meth injection…
What’s the big methanol company these days? Is Aquamist still around?

You like living on the edge, you crazy sob.
he brings his test tubes, scoopula and Bunsen burners to every fill up so it’s just right.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Crazy how I daily my car with with Ethanol blending and meth injection…
Not that it can’t be done it’s just so much more convenient with mpi and access to e85. I ran an alkycontrol kit on my dsm that helped me pick up around 100whp but it was always something else to monitor and maintain.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not that it can’t be done it’s just so much more convenient with mpi and access to e85. I ran an alkycontrol kit on my dsm that helped me pick up around 100whp but it was always something else to monitor and maintain.
That’s not the discussion though… was never brought up as a mpi vs meth injection, op is stuck with just pump gas, if his goal is as high as he wants meth injection will give him the needed octane boost and fueling headroom.

Yes I agree it more to maintain and monitor but that point of view can be directed at anything. “Nah I’ll stick with my trusty carbureted car with a multi-point ignition, I don’t need to worry about an ecu and injectors that can fail”

“Nah, I don’t like direct injection cars even if they are more efficient cause now I have a high pressure fuel pump added to the system and thats now 2 pumps that can fail”

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
No, I rolled with a trunk full of Heet bottles and checked how much I had left in my tank every fill up. It can work, but for the track I would not want to be relying on it for a safety net (road course not 1/4 mile track) For occasional street pulls it works fine. I just don’t think the OP has really thought this out.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That’s not the discussion though… was never brought up as a mpi vs meth injection, op is stuck with just pump gas, if his goal is as high as he wants meth injection will give him the needed octane boost and fueling headroom.

Yes I agree it more to maintain and monitor but that point of view can be directed at anything. “Nah I’ll stick with my trusty carbureted car with a multi-point ignition, I don’t need to worry about an ecu and injectors that can fail”

“Nah, I don’t like direct injection cars even if they are more efficient cause now I have a high pressure fuel pump added to the system and thats now 2 pumps that can fail”
I guess maybe I should have said it’s a less elegant solution that has been supplanted by technology, just like your FI vs carb example. I was running 100% methanol as supplemental fueling/octane. At certain points I was removing 60% of what the ecu was requesting for pump gas because I was replacing it with methanol. This was back in 2006-2007 before e85 was really a thing.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
No, I rolled with a trunk full of Heet bottles and checked how much I had left in my tank every fill up. It can work, but for the track I would not want to be relying on it for a safety net (road course not 1/4 mile track) For occasional street pulls it works fine. I just don’t think the OP has really thought this out.
I honestly agree with you here. I haven't thought it out. I'm starting that process of thinking it 9ut by understanding a multitude of different opinions, builds, and ideas. This post is meant to start that research. This is my first car that I purchased out of college specifically to daily and make as fast as i humanly can (while still being able to daily and maybe one day use to drive future kids around in). So I've made a few threads about me debating between specific turbos and feuls and tunes. I just got a eqt stage 2 tune fir the is20 and yeah it's quick but it left me wanting more. In a good way. And that brought me to turbos. I originally thought is38 was where it's at but I then was introduced to the EQT Vortex and the Vortex XL. Now I'm doing research and debating between the Vortex and the XL. Part of that debate was fuel types and which would be better for each system and also for my Pocket lmfao. And that led me to this post. So I totally agree with you, I haven't fully thought it out and thank you for putting that to words.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
How much of all of this work are you doing yourself OP?
As much of it as I can. My goal is to learn as much as I can about my car and how to work on cars. Ever since I was young I've been fascinated by them and always wanted to work on and build em so I'm finally doing that and am happy as a clam lol. But to be honest a lot of this work will take way to long if I do it. Like the actual changing of the turbos I'd probably hire out for and maybe even suspension due to diffence in speed and skill of swapping those components. But I want to do everything I can do myself