GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

At what temp. you get worm air

harvard

Car(s)
golfmk7 variant
In my golf 4 when set to 22-23 celcius I get worm air after a few minutes. In my golf7 when set to 23 air is cold even if engine collant reaches 90 degrees. But when I change to 25 worm/hot air goes out from vents. Isn't it a bit strange? When set above 25 very hot air goes out. Can You tell me how it looks like in Your cars? I have got 1.6 tdi 105 bhp 2014.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I am guessing at whatever ambient is at the time you are fishing.

Screenshot_20210904-061712_Chrome.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-AC370-Worm-Blower-1-Pack/dp/B002X4AH7M#

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Tough crowd in here. Even tougher when asking questions involving celsius.
How is Poland, by the way? I heard the chicks are quite nice looking there.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
@harvard you have automatic climate control, right? What temperature is it outside the car? Also, I believe the light sensor at the base of the windshield can influence the climate control. Do you notice the cooler air when it's sunny?

harvard

Car(s)
golfmk7 variant
Yet it is automatic climate control. And yes when it is a sunny day I get cooler air. Can I in any way change the settings so that thelight sensor doesn'ts control the temp. Sorry but I bought mk7 a couple days ago, don't have polish manual and help myself reading in english.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
23° C = 73.4°F: initially feels cool but gets warm as you keep driving

25° C = 77°F: is already warm air blowing.

Doesn't actually seem too out of the ordinary. Where @golfdave at?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
23° C = 73.4°F: initially feels cool but gets warm as you keep driving

25° C = 77°F: is already warm air blowing.

Doesn't actually seem too out of the ordinary. Where @golfdave at?

Not considering the fact the OP has diesel engine..so it takes longer for the coolant to get passed into the cabin heater even if the engine temp gauge is showing 90deg...as the oil temp in a diesel takes longer to get hot.....this would explain the delay...

harvard

Car(s)
golfmk7 variant
@

golfdave

You are right but today after 45 km still cool air at 23-24 C but when 25 C set I got worm air so there may be soome issue but don't know whete to find the couse of cold air from vents. I scanned golf with vcds and got some info from vcds Address 08: Auto HVAC

Fresh Air Blower Front:

Refrigerant Pressure And Temperature Sender:

1 Fault Found:
1048835 - Functionality limited due to Engine Control Module
P1719 00 [008] - -
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 26679 km
Date: 2017.01.25
Time: 08:47:59

Voltage terminal 30: 14.2 V
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Enabling for auxiliary heater operation: Enabling stage 3
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Act.value: 1
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Specified value: 3
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Specified value for control: 3

do not know what part to replace

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
@

golfdave

You are right but today after 45 km still cool air at 23-24 C but when 25 C set I got worm air so there may be soome issue but don't know whete to find the couse of cold air from vents. I scanned golf with vcds and got some info from vcds Address 08: Auto HVAC

Fresh Air Blower Front:

Refrigerant Pressure And Temperature Sender:

1 Fault Found:
1048835 - Functionality limited due to Engine Control Module
P1719 00 [008] - -
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 4
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 26679 km
Date: 2017.01.25
Time: 08:47:59

Voltage terminal 30: 14.2 V
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Enabling for auxiliary heater operation: Enabling stage 3
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Act.value: 1
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Specified value: 3
Auxiliary heater: in stages-Specified value for control: 3

do not know what part to replace
There isn't a part to replace because that fault is a non issue. It just means your auxiliary heater didn't kick in due to insufficient battery level back in January 2017.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
There isn't a part to replace because that fault is a non issue. It just means your auxiliary heater didn't kick in due to insufficient battery level back in January 2017.
Nope, disagree! He needs to blow that worm air!

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Still poking fun at that? Hes from Poland, it's obvious english isnt his first language. When words like "worn" and "born" sounds the same as "warm" if you switch the n and the m its hard NOT to understand why he spelled it as "worm". Our language makes no sense and I feel bad for anyone who has to learn it. Squirm, worm, firm, berm, term....

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Still poking fun at that? Hes from Poland, it's obvious english isnt his first language. When words like "worn" and "born" sounds the same as "warm" if you switch the n and the m its hard NOT to understand why he spelled it as "worm". Our language makes no sense and I feel bad for anyone who has to learn it. Squirm, worm, firm, berm, term....
Thanks Captian Obvious, appreciate your contribution.