GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Software is on sale. Are you tuned yet?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Is There an option for is38 with stock downpipe?? I’m stage 1 high tq now.
They used to have one (stock DP IS38 tune) before they revised all their tunes some time ago. Now I don't see it listed on the product page anymore.

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
They used to have one (stock DP IS38 tune) before they revised all their tunes some time ago. Now I don't see it listed on the product page anymore.
Having support for that hardware combo would fill a hole in their offerings, TBF. If my IS20 ever shits the bed, having that option would make me seriously consider throwing in an IS38 to replace.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Having support for that hardware combo would fill a hole in their offerings, TBF. If my IS20 ever shits the bed, having that option would make me seriously consider throwing in an IS38 to replace.

Agreed, it would be nice to not have to worry about the downpipe but still have a little extra power over the Stage 1 level

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm sure APR has had their fill of complaints about not offering Stage 2 anymore, but I just have to vent into the void a little...

I bought into the more expensive route of APRPlus, and specifically also purchased the TCU tune - making it even more expensive - with the expectation that I'd go Stage 2 when my warranty period was up (it's still not - I drive low miles and covid practically assured that I'd time out versus mileage). I even got the APR intake and catback to be "compliant" with the APRPlus warranty, and knowing that those upgrades were recommended for stage 2 anyways, I figured why not. I have no need or desire to go IS38 or beyond, and I just kind of feel like the carpet was pulled out from under us existing customers.

I had Cobb on a previous car with no issues - even with the OTS file that was relatively-regarded as, well, crap. I should have just kept it stock and gone with Cobb later. I was allured by the illusion of getting the best of both words by having a little more fun "OEM+" experience and then a solid upgrade path out of warranty. Shame on me I guess.
So put a DP on it, run a spacer for the CEL, and move up to the Stage 1 high torque. There you go, Stage 2.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
@Arin@APR have there been any updates to the Mk7 Golf R Plus tune since 4/2018 (or TCU tune since 12/2019)? Never got any notifications there have been, but it's certainly been a while!

I'd love if the plus TCU tune could turn off autoupshift, that's my one pet peeves with it.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
The GTI has OEM Downpipe IS38 software available.

How does this wizardry work? Are you saying I can be on a STOCK downpipe and rock an is38 turbo? Effectively still able to pass inspection? I'm assuming you won't get maximum power levels but still a decent bump over anything the is20 is capable of...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
How does this wizardry work? Are you saying I can be on a STOCK downpipe and rock an is38 turbo? Effectively still able to pass inspection? I'm assuming you won't get maximum power levels but still a decent bump over anything the is20 is capable of...
Didn't you have the same problems I had on your mk6 with your apr tune? How can you even consider them? lol