GOLFMKV

EQT tuning is Trash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
For what reason specifically? Doubts with Nick’s tuning ability? It seems the only way to work with Ed is to reserve time with a dyno (+$200 to EQT). I’m about to start the custom tune process with Nick and this thread isn’t exactly encouraging lol.
Keep in mind though, all 5 star reviews on Amazon have one or two negative reviews....each interaction is completely different. It's good to weigh, but don't let it waive you off. EQT pro tunes are really good.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Keep in mind though, all 5 star reviews on Amazon have one or two negative reviews....each interaction is completely different. It's good to weigh, but don't let it waive you off. EQT pro tunes are really good.

This is in no way related to this thread (I'm stage 0 haha), but wanted to speak to this because I've noticed a pattern with Amazon reviews. You have to be really careful of some of the highly rated items with like 30,000 reviews and almost 5 stars. I ordered one of those items and inside the box was a business card saying I could get a free gift and double warranty if I emailed them proof of my 5 start review. So, some of those are definitely "paid" for. Again, not saying that's what is going on here at all, just felt compelled to mention it because I haven't posted in a while :ROFLMAO:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
And a lot of those people leaving 1 star reviews are confused or mistaken on how to use the product correctly

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
This is in no way related to this thread (I'm stage 0 haha), but wanted to speak to this because I've noticed a pattern with Amazon reviews. You have to be really careful of some of the highly rated items with like 30,000 reviews and almost 5 stars. I ordered one of those items and inside the box was a business card saying I could get a free gift and double warranty if I emailed them proof of my 5 start review. So, some of those are definitely "paid" for. Again, not saying that's what is going on here at all, just felt compelled to mention it because I haven't posted in a while :ROFLMAO:
I've done a couple of those and recently start getting emails from companies in China offering free items to review it. Couple of weeks ago I got a free $60 security camera 😁

Agray

Go Kart Champion
I've done a couple of those and recently start getting emails from companies in China offering free items to review it. Couple of weeks ago I got a free $60 security camera 😁
You should check the device ping to see how often it is communicating with external IP's that are based in China :). Ain't nothing free.... You are the product!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Amazon reviews? On EQT?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
For what reason specifically? Doubts with Nick’s tuning ability? It seems the only way to work with Ed is to reserve time with a dyno (+$200 to EQT). I’m about to start the custom tune process with Nick and this thread isn’t exactly encouraging lol.
I don't see the remote dyno tune on EQT 's website right now but I paid +$50 when I got mine but it's been a year ago.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Google reviews, FB reviews, etc. The point stands that this is one person’s experience (a poor one with a valid gripe) and is not indicative of the majority of others’ experience.
I understand that.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
If you're getting free stuff in return for favorable reviews on Amazon, watch out, they are cracking down hard on that crap.

For the OP:
I'm a little confused from your original story; did EQT know that you had a hybrid and not a standard IS38? Your post said you purchased an IS38 custom tune. Also, did you inform him that the wastegate had issues and was replaced? And were you sending logs with different fuel mixes?

Not defending them, they clearly missed the mark here, but from your story, I can understand them sending the wrong base file and having a hard time diagnosing the problem.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Amazon reviews are trash now, I don't trust them for one second.

Paid reviews, PAID REMOVALS, 5 star ratings for "it arrived unbroken", 1 star ratings for "driver left box visible from street", 4 years old 3 star review "ill update when I use it" and never do. Things got worse when they merged different product types together.

Sorry for the offtopic rant.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Good read lol.

While I’m Sneekytuned and have have zero reason to go with another tuner as he’s been nothing short amazing with me and custom tuning… I’ve got an email chain with him that’s got something like 100+ messages and all responses are very quick and he’s takes the time to explain and even screen shot specific images of the protuner version of logs to show me areas that were in relation to my question. Also a big thing to be noted - he’s made revisions for me waaaay beyond the 90 day tuning window (over a year) even though the delays are on my part (clutch issues, and adding parts)
And even now he’s still said when I get the mpi on we can just set a time for a e- dyno to finalize the tune, and never once asked me to pay extra.

But in this case I don’t really think nick is out of line for wanting another tune, and honesty all of the tuners have a history of skimming over customers questions at times and just doing their “normal tuning procedure” and while I know it’s annoying with the response time it’s a pretty known fact that those times are expected.

But also SNEEKYTUNED FTW so I support the decision, haha.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I was tuned with Ed and trust him, not sure I want anyone else touching my car.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Status
Not open for further replies.