GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18 8.5 +35 trying to avoid poke

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Have not ordered rim yet but I want some nice bronze ones. All the ones I like are +35 and I know it will poke out in the front a tad.

My question is can I do anything to negate it? Roll the fenders? add a bit of camber (a VERY small amount)

Or wait till someone makes what I want? lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
This is an 8.5 with a 235 at 35et. Pics form when I didn’t have the added spacers, ball joint extenders, crazy negative camber… and these are the stock fenders here too.
19F46B71-67A5-4E9A-A177-F10961E4918A.jpeg
B11A35F1-6070-45D3-A416-9B834769CCF4.jpeg

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
This is an 8.5 with a 235 at 35et. Pics form when I didn’t have the added spacers, ball joint extenders, crazy negative camber… and these are the stock fenders here too.
View attachment 220818View attachment 220819

How are you getting your wheel inside the front fender with a et35 and 235's?

I have 18x8.5 45et and 5mm/15mm spacers with 225's and the face (my wheels have no lip) of the wheel is hella flush with the fender. I have camber of -1 up front and -2 out back.

IMG_2409 (1).JPG

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
He's got -4.5° of camber

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
He's got -4.5° of camber
That pic was with it at -3.0, im currently around -4.0 to -4.30and at the most I’ve ever been was -5.10.

This pic is with it at -4.0 ish with the ball joint spacers that give me a fitment that would be the same as a final offset of et20 at the top and et8 at the bottoms since they extend the wheels near the bottom and the amount of - camber I run. *stock fenders in this pic also

4F9CBF52-9811-4AFD-86A7-4CBD997A72DA.jpeg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure if that's a lot? Would that still give full contact to the road with no extra wear on the tires?

Sorry, I was wrong with the amount of camber. And yes it will cause more wear on the inside of the tire. Now if you can remount the tires the other way I.e. Inside becomes outside, you can extend the life. A lot of Autocrossers do this and a few buy tire mounting equipment so they can do it easily at home. But that's extreme for most of us

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sorry, I was wrong with the amount of camber. And yes it will cause more wear on the inside of the tire. Now if you can remount the tires the other way I.e. Inside becomes outside, you can extend the life. A lot of Autocrossers do this and a few buy tire mounting equipment so they can do it easily at home. But that's extreme for most of us
Sounds complicated :/ I guess I am SOL till I find some +43