25.75 F 26 R, but that was with 265/35R18. Gotcha measue with the 255/40R 17

Edit: F 25 3/8". R 25 7/8". with 255/40R17

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
25.75 F 26 R, but that was with 265/35R18. Gotcha measue with the 255/40R 17

Edit: F 25 3/8". R 25 7/8". with 255/40R17
Hah! I thought those tires looked extra meaty. They look good.

What is the clearance to the fuel filler hose? On the right rear? Your GTi does look like an R.

And thank you for the measurements.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Hah! I thought those tires looked extra meaty. They look good.

What is the clearance to the fuel filler hose? On the right rear? Your GTi does look like an R.

And thank you for the measurements.

Thanks

You're wrong on both counts. Neither a GTI or R. Just a TSI 1.8. 😁

Not sure how much clearance to fuel filler, but even with 45 offset 18x9 and 265s, I had no issues. So with 42 offset and 255, definitely no issues. I've asked if the 1.8 was different but was told on here it's the same as GTI. The only thing I just thought of is I don't run very much camber in the rear. -1.4. So that could be why I haven't run into that issue

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
My Bad! Just now noticed your sig.

That has me curious. The camber may be a factor. I’m guessing that 4mm=0.5 degrees

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
ive had the wheels on my car for a couple days now, and although they are well machined, i feel i made the wrong choice. not to the fault of apex, i think the anthracite colorway doesnt suit my car well. just wish they were lighter, more of a gunmetal. again, not the fault of apex, i should have waited for more pictures of people running this setup.
View attachment 220524

color in case anyone is thinking about running anthracite on a white mk7. 17x9 - 255/40/17

I can relate. I didn't want to purchase these wheels until I saw a more realistic view. Every photo APEX put out was super edited to make the wheels pop, which wasn't accurate. I hope more people post cellphone unedited shots. I also liked the Bronze wheels but I know Bronze is not as bright and shiny as Apex edits them, on cellphone they are more Dull and satin looking, which is more true to life.