GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

trashb0y

Ready to race!
ive had the wheels on my car for a couple days now, and although they are well machined, i feel i made the wrong choice. not to the fault of apex, i think the anthracite colorway doesnt suit my car well. just wish they were lighter, more of a gunmetal. again, not the fault of apex, i should have waited for more pictures of people running this setup.
Untitled.png

color in case anyone is thinking about running anthracite on a white mk7. 17x9 - 255/40/17

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
ive had the wheels on my car for a couple days now, and although they are well machined, i feel i made the wrong choice. not to the fault of apex, i think the anthracite colorway doesnt suit my car well.
View attachment 220524

color in case anyone is thinking about running anthracite on a white mk7. 17x9 - 255/40/17
Looks nice to me but it's your car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
ive had the wheels on my car for a couple days now, and although they are well machined, i feel i made the wrong choice. not to the fault of apex, i think the anthracite colorway doesnt suit my car well. just wish they were lighter, more of a gunmetal. again, not the fault of apex, i should have waited for more pictures of people running this setup.
View attachment 220524

Same, looks good to me. The two tone window tint though, oof.

Reyes351

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
View attachment 220524

I love it! thanks for posting a picture of your car!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

Looks great in my opinion. Like that they are subtle in low light.

Get us some pics with the sun blasting on them. All of the full light photos of them bring out a lot more of the silver vs. the graphite-ish tones. Gloss helps that a ton as well.

What tires are you running by the way? Still need to order mine...

trashb0y

Ready to race!
Looks great in my opinion. Like that they are subtle in low light.

Get us some pics with the sun blasting on them. All of the full light photos of them bring out a lot more of the silver vs. the graphite-ish tones. Gloss helps that a ton as well.

What tires are you running by the way? Still need to order mine...
i'm running michellin AS4s. got a set for about 710$ installed from american tire depot

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Obviously no accounting for taste, but those look better than I would have expected. I think if they were much lighter you wouldn't have enough contrast between the wheels and the car. In any event, you can at least be encouraged by the fact that there are enough people here that think it looks great that you should be able to offload the wheels if you want.

As an aside, I'm surprised how much I've liked the "meatier" look of the tires on 17s.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Obviously no accounting for taste, but those look better than I would have expected. I think if they were much lighter you wouldn't have enough contrast between the wheels and the car. In any event, you can at least be encouraged by the fact that there are enough people here that think it looks great that you should be able to offload the wheels if you want.

As an aside, I'm surprised how much I've liked the "meatier" look of the tires on 17s.
And you can always change the color and get them powder coated too! Sure it can be a bit pricey, but if the fit is what you want, then who care what a recording costs.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
i'm running michellin AS4s. got a set for about 710$ installed from american tire depot
You running any spacers on the rear by chance? Just curious.