GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
That's cuz bigger tires are for people who want to go fast while bags are for people who want to look cool 😎

Not that either one is better than the other, you just don't see them cross over too much

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
That's cuz bigger tires are for people who want to go fast while bags are for people who want to look cool 😎

Not that either one is better than the other, you just don't see them cross over too much

Well he’s on bags AND just went with wide as fuck tires lol. 265 on an 8.5 is insane to me. I have 225 on an 8.5 and am contemplating switching to a 215.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Just put in a Powerflex dogbone street insert. Crazy vibrations at idle (900 rpm), especially with the AC on, but smooth from 1k RPM on. Shifting and power delivery have improved substantially, clutch take-up feels better. People say the vibrations calm down, I hope so.

Gonna do the cp-e 55 durometer mounts next, but I don't know when is appropriate. Stock mounts still seem fine. 29k miles.

Also did the Aerofabb splitter and hatch spoiler extension, which are great quality.

NVH gets much better after a while.
I don’t know why anyone still chooses mounts that aren’t BFI. Buy once, cry once.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Well he’s on bags AND just went with wide as fuck tires lol. 265 on an 8.5 is insane to me. I have 225 on an 8.5 and am contemplating switching to a 215.
Yeah 265 is ba nay nay. I run 235/45/17 on my GTI and that's chunky enough for me

marchoz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
“This sure is a long red light..”

So now what?
that’s the only available spot

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I finally got around to having my seat bolster repaired...

I shared the damage in a video back in 2019. Then I changed the way I pivot my hip when I get into the car. I took the car to an upholstery shop in Feb 2020. They recommended waiting until it was worse to "get my money's worth" on the repair. By the time I had concluded that it wasn't going to get worse, businesses were quarantined and things got quiet for a while. Now, I have the time and money to take care of it. I also replaced the worn door gasket. So, everything is like new. :cool:

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

yeah my cars more of a "in excess build" where I'm trying to get a fair balance of cake and eat it too..

car is bagged but also has big sways, body stiffening mods, full sound system, and lots of Power via hybrid turbo and associated fueling mods + meth injection.

i need as much tire as i can get, and since i spent all that money for the widened fenders and getting them painted i gotta take advantage of the extra room....

Plus i just like the fact that you don't see a GTI often that runs that wide of a tire and can still lay the body 1" from the ground lol.

but yeah i do like the look of slightly stretched tires like a 215 on 8.5 but for my build that would sacrifice way too much performance.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Yeah thats looks good

viewsonic9

Car(s)
2018 GTI- Autobahn
Just put in a Powerflex dogbone street insert. Crazy vibrations at idle (900 rpm), especially with the AC on, but smooth from 1k RPM on. Shifting and power delivery have improved substantially, clutch take-up feels better. People say the vibrations calm down, I hope so.

Gonna do the cp-e 55 durometer mounts next, but I don't know when is appropriate. Stock mounts still seem fine. 29k miles.

Also did the Aerofabb splitter and hatch spoiler extension, which are great quality.

Just starting to think about going stage 1 with my 18 6MT. I noticed you have Sachs clutch listed in your sig. I've heard good things about it vs. stage 2/more aggressive clutches. Do you like the result of it with the stage 1? Is it their "performance clutch?" Thanks!

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
Just starting to think about going stage 1 with my 18 6MT. I noticed you have Sachs clutch listed in your sig. I've heard good things about it vs. stage 2/more aggressive clutches. Do you like the result of it with the stage 1? Is it their "performance clutch?" Thanks!
Yeah, it's what I wanted, OEM+. Not as refined but holds the power and pedal effort is like stock.
NVH gets much better after a while.
I don’t know why anyone still chooses mounts that aren’t BFI. Buy once, cry once.
As I understand it, cp-e is very well-regarded on other platforms, and the 15 less durometer vs BFI sounds better for a pure daily.

Many late entrants to the Mk7 market, like EQT or do88 or Trackslag, seem to have surpassed the standard forum groupthink offerings. Don't see why this couldn't be another instance.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Yeah, it's what I wanted, OEM+. Not as refined but holds the power and pedal effort is like stock.

As I understand it, cp-e is very well-regarded on other platforms, and the 15 less durometer vs BFI sounds better for a pure daily.

Many late entrants to the Mk7 market, like EQT or do88 or Trackslag, seem to have surpassed the standard forum groupthink offerings. Don't see why this couldn't be another instance.
Anything’s better than stock so you’re probably going to be pleased for a daily. I just know Diggs already took his set out for NVH, but those were much higher rated if I remember correctly.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
I washed her because the bird shit has been obscene lately