GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I got my seats in, working on collecting all the parts needs to make airbags work. A couple questions:

What do the seat harnesses do? Isn't their already harness' in the car to connect the seat heaters once they are fitted to the aftermarket seats? Why the extra harness parts?
driver seat harness: 5GM971391R
passenger seat harness: 5GM971392AC

I can't seem to find parts for "seat rail sensors" - can someone clarify what these are? I'm going today to VW dealer to order everything. Just trying to make sure Im getting everything.
The seat harness is only needed if you don’t want to
Remove the one off your current seat. it’s the harness bundle that connect the seat elements : bottom heater, back heater, air backs, power rails, rail sensor. This is the harness
C31FFE0E-29D3-44A8-817B-62B229E45F4B.jpeg

The rail sensor can just be removed (1 screw) from your factory seat and plugged to the harness and left under the seat.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
The seat harness is only needed if you don’t want to
Remove the one off your current seat. it’s the harness bundle that connect the seat elements : bottom heater, back heater, air backs, power rails, rail sensor. This is the harness
View attachment 219517

The rail sensor can just be removed (1 screw) from your factory seat and plugged to the harness and left under the seat.
TY so much !!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
and the air bag repair wire (with resistor soldered in) is looped back into one of the connectors, and then connected where ?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Ok so I am working on my airbag connectors and repair wire setup (1 connector for each seat and 1 repair wire). I started with passenger seat and pulled the OEM harness. The gray wire, which I assume is a ground I could not get to unbolt, so I ended up cutting it. The harness is free and ready to move, so my question is I have to ground that gray wire somewhere? The rail sensor I understand. The other immediate problem is the yellow airbag connector, for the life of me I cant get the black slider to open up? I looked at and pushed the purple but it seems to do nothing?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Ok so I am working on my airbag connectors and repair wire setup (1 connector for each seat and 1 repair wire). I started with passenger seat and pulled the OEM harness. The gray wire, which I assume is a ground I could not get to unbolt, so I ended up cutting it. The harness is free and ready to move, so my question is I have to ground that gray wire somewhere? The rail sensor I understand. The other immediate problem is the yellow airbag connector, for the life of me I cant get the black slider to open up? I looked at and pushed the purple but it seems to do nothing?

Yes gray wire is a ground and needs to be grounded or you will get a Occupancy sensor ground fault.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Is that your aftermarket setup ?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Nice, I couldn't swing Recaro's. So the black box thing is needed.. noted. I was trying to hold out for them but after a year of waiting I ended up just getting Corbeau's. Life shit, divorce, other crap.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Still fighting with this damn yellow plug. I suppose I can just jam the repair wire into the pins? That doesn't sound right though. Been looking online for hours trying to figure out how to get the black tab to release. Also, VW671, that picture above where it shows your wires going into connectors, is that car-side ?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Still fighting with this damn yellow plug. I suppose I can just jam the repair wire into the pins? That doesn't sound right though. Been looking online for hours trying to figure out how to get the black tab to release. Also, VW671, that picture above where it shows your wires going into connectors, is that car-side ?
I just used pre-shrunk heat shrink tubing to hold the resistor. Been like that for 2 years no issue

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone just do the driver side? I ask because I'm a cheap f**k, and I won't be encouraged to do 'spirited' driving when I have passengers in the car.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I just used pre-shrunk heat shrink tubing to hold the resistor. Been like that for 2 years no issue
Doing mine like Navi did, or trying to. I guess you did yours at the car-side connectors? Anyway, yea this plug is a #$%! and has me at a standstill.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Where are these 3 plugs? I figured out the yellow plug by the way. Grabbed one of my very small precision screwdrivers and picked at the purple tabs, popped right up, ready for the wire. Now I gotta pick up some heat shrink tubing. Also harness bar and harnesses came in. I think I screwed up though on the harnesses I went with. Mine bolt in at OEM locations, and it looks like if I dont buckle the front OEM belts, then the light stays on in the dash?