GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance downpipe + CEL = ..?

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Hey y’all!

I’ve recently installed the catted MAPerformance DP that I stole from @Acadia18. He happily threw in an elbow O2 sensor extension in for me as well.

Both are installed but I’m still throwing the P227100, Bank 1 Sensor 2 Stuck Rich.

Question really is; what’s a man to do that isn’t a stage 2 flash? Peeps who’ve installed this setup, was there an elbow that worked for you? I’ve cleared it twice, still returns. Should I spin it 180 degrees and try again??

Whatcha got for me?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Man I dunno. But if u can spin it 180. Give that a shot? Try and point towards the front?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You need it to point full opposite of the exhaust flow (like a u turn) and still then it will probably still read rich. The j bend one with the middle inset seem to be the most across the board… it use to work well with my 3” DP when I went up to the 4 I’ll will get a lean/delayed code from bank 2 now so I probably need just to the large insert now.

https://thmotorsports.com/546135-vi...PWgKlBrgYeKdWTa-c9ek01wUYMB5cbnhoCk9cQAvD_BwE

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the Vibrant J-style one on my Map downpipe, pointed up towards the engine/head. I started with the middle insert and still got a CEL. I believe I changed to the bigger insert and I've never had a problem since.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I have the Vibrant J-style one on my Map downpipe, pointed up towards the engine/head. I started with the middle insert and still got a CEL. I believe I changed to the bigger insert and I've never had a problem since.
Dope! Is that the same one as linked above?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
hello look on aliexpress there is the exact copy of the vibrating insert J
for 12 dollars

Depends on what you value more, time or money. Spend $30 - $40 and get it in a couple of days, or spend $12 and get it in 4 - 6 weeks.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Mini cat, see the thread on vortex.