GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD please delete

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I'm selling my carbon fiber steering wheel I used for a few months. Nothing really wrong with the wheel, just want to go back to the stock wheel.

There's a slight scratch at the bottom, but everything else is fine. You'd just get the wheel (no air bag, no controls, and no dsg paddle)

Asking for $OLD shipped. I'm in Seattle area so if you'd like to pick it up for a lower price that's fine too!

Attachments

• IMG_4937.jpeg
    IMG_4937.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4938-2.jpeg
    IMG_4938-2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4941-3.jpeg
    IMG_4941-3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4943-4.jpeg
    IMG_4943-4.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 181
  • 916C5B86-ADB3-46F3-AB97-3BFBB972D097.jpeg
    916C5B86-ADB3-46F3-AB97-3BFBB972D097.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Just got sick of the way the carbon fiber looks — a little too shiny for my taste. I felt like it stuck out a little too much from the whole interior.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It also gets hot. We haven't even hit peak summer here yet, and it's hot to the touch after sitting in the sun.

Doge

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Ah that’s a good point too! Fortunately I live in Seattle so it usually never gets too hot :D

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Shit. I’m a Texas resident and now you have me wondering if I ever want to get one.

Don't let that discourage you. It's still worth it, 110%. Carbon fiber wheel was one of my favorite mods I did.

texas gang! same here that’s my biggest worry. sorry to hijack the thread but anyone wanna chime on on the OEM leather wheel vs something like this or maybe an Alacantra one?

Still worth it. And it's a huge difference. The stock wheel feels sad and pitiful after getting use to an aftermarket wheel. I let a buddy of mine drive my car, his words were "It feels like a Twizzler now." If you have the option to get a bulkier wheel, do it.

rosecoloredboy

Car(s)
MK7 GTI DSG PP
Don't let that discourage you. It's still worth it, 110%. Carbon fiber wheel was one of my favorite mods I did.

Still worth it. And it's a huge difference. The stock wheel feels sad and pitiful after getting use to an aftermarket wheel. I let a buddy of mine drive my car, his words were "It feels like a Twizzler now." If you have the option to get a bulkier wheel, do it.
heard loud and clear, gonna add it to the mod list! how was install? did you pay to have someone do it if so what was the cost?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
heard loud and clear, gonna add it to the mod list! how was install? did you pay to have someone do it if so what was the cost?

Did it myself. Install is extremely easy and straight forward. Took maybe 45 minutes, The hardest part is getting the silver trim off the original wheel to swap it over.