GOLFMKV

GTI part-out feeler thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
My 2015 6MT PP/LP GTI Autobahn sustained some damage to the front end recently and insurance have declared it totaled. A sad day. She was treated like a queen, and still drives, but I got good money from insurance so I have replaced it with a 2018 R rather than spend the cash to get it fixed. I've bought the GTI back from the insurance company and am debating with my mechanic what parts it makes financial sense for me to pay him to remove so that I can sell. So, this thread is to see what you all might be interested in. Below is a list of the obvious things, full mod list in my signature, and basically any other miscellaneous stock parts anyone might need, just let me know.

No prices yet, I'll price things up once I have them off the car. Misc stock parts would probably be free if you can pick up in Brooklyn, NYC (or for the price of labor to remove them).

My mechanic is Jon at JVR Performance on Long Island and all work on the car was done by him. He does meticulous work.

- Baun Performance V1 catted downpipe with O2 spacer (never threw a code even when I was just running a JB4) and resonated midpipe (Vibrant res). On the car for about 25k miles. Loved it, no issues at all.

- RSR Hybrid clutch. On the car about 10k miles. New flywheel went in with it. Can provide details of all parts that were used. Absolutely loved it. Almost no chatter, no shuddering, nice pedal feel (not too firm). I was absolutely meticulous about the 1000-mile break-in, did it by the book. Also did the iAbed RMS, not sure if that can be removed and re-used but it's available if it can be. New car is DSG, so it's for sale, otherwise I'd transfer it.

- Powerflex hybrid puck modified by my mechanic to mate with the 034 upper insert, which is also available. Was on the car 3 days. Also available is a scratched up but not bent 034 lower insert.

- ROC-Euro stabilizer arm. Was on the car for 3 days.

- Bilstein B6 Damptronics. On the car 3 days. Not sure if I'll sell these or put them on the new R, as the new car has low miles and the stock shocks feel great but if I can pony up for the install I will because they felt amazing, and would then have the stock Golf R damptronic shocks for sale (car had 24k miles when I bought it).

- DG Springs. On the car about 40k miles. Will probably go on the R, but might sell if there's any interest.

- Fluidampr pulley. On the car about 10k miles. Might go on the R, but might sell as I don't plan to go quite as far down the rabbithole with the new car (ha, wish me luck).

- ST rear sway bar with Moog endlinks. Loved it, no creaks, great mod. Would go straight on the R if it would fit.

- Short shift adapter. Can't remember which brand... Boomba, I think? Worked great.

- CTS turbo inlet pipe. Fit great despite being CTS. Might go on the R if it fits(?).

- Stock GTI downpipe. On the car 60k miles.

- GTI Monster Mats. Anyone wants these let me know and I'll take some pics. They've seen use, but... they're floor mats at the end of the day.

- Stock GTI side mirrors (non-folding). I think I have black and white caps for them. I also have brand new, unopened black mirror caps from the new R.

Pretty much everything else stock is available, motor & stock IS20 (113k miles), muffler, PP brakes (slotted rotors and PosiQuiet pads), etc., etc. Left LP headlight is available, right one didn't survive. Taillights in good condition but are the old non-LED ones with DeAutoLED bulbs. Had recenty replaced heater core, water pump, and a few other things if anyone needs any of that stuff.

Last edited:

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
The swaybar set up and that Baun downpipe 😍😍!!

I already know the downpipe is over my budget but this is a really nice and super tasteful list!

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Fluidampr.

WagenWizard

Ready to race!
Would possibly be interested in the R black mirror caps if they are the same as the 2017 mirrors. Don't think they changed them with the face lift.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ill buy the inlet pipe
I think it fits my new R actually, if I'm wrong or I go in a different direction with the new car, it's yours. Give me a couple days to work that out 👍🏻

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Message me and let me know how much you'd be thinking for the stock down pipe and or possibly the DG springs. Shipped to Ohio 43054.
Thanks
There's a lot of interest in the stock DP, but I'll let you know in a couple days. Thanks!

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Would possibly be interested in the R black mirror caps if they are the same as the 2017 mirrors. Don't think they changed them with the face lift.
I believe they're all the same. Feel free to DM me with an offer. They've brand new, never been unwrapped, could send them out to you straight away.

yungaxel3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
How was the dg springs and b6 damptronic combo?

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How was the dg springs and b6 damptronic combo?
Perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Made the car feel like a different class of vehicle. Slightly increase in stiffness at each setting completely mitigated by the very sophisticated-feeling dampening. So, the car felt both much more capable and composed, but also more comfortable. Dealt with squat on acceleration better, too. I spoke to both Bilstein and my mechanic about the combo before doing it, both said they'd be a good match, and they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.