GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ROC-Euro stabilizer arm - what was the verdict...?

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I have the Roc-Euro Arm and PF Hybrid mount sitting in the garage, waiting for engine and trans mount to put it all in together.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I have the roc euro arm with BFI stage 1 mounts and power flex hybrid insert. No issues and I’m a vortex XL e85 GTI. I plan to get slicks for the strip and see how it goes

did you have to modify the PF hybrid to allow for the RE arm? Or does it fit straight thru

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I have not yet purchased the mounts mainly because I haven't done enough research, but I do know I have zero desire to spend $600+ 😂

BFI is a consideration because my brother's mk5 rabbit had them installed by a previous owner and with over 100k on them at the time,the driveline was still rock solid.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I have not yet purchased the mounts mainly because I haven't done enough research, but I do know I have zero desire to spend $600+ 😂

BFI is a consideration because my brother's mk5 rabbit had them installed by a previous owner and with over 100k on them at the time,the driveline was still rock solid.
At least with BFI it seems like you only have to do it once. If you go with 034 you'll be back to bitching about wheel hop in a year because your mounts went soft.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
At least with BFI it seems like you only have to do it once. If you go with 034 you'll be back to bitching about wheel hop in a year because your mounts went soft.

My brother asked me what I thought about 034 mounts for his e46 and my only response was "the mk7 forum hates them, you should see if you can get BFI mounts like the Rabbit" so I know that much lol

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Not sure if this helps/is relevant, but I have the BFI mounts on my mk4 -- they're absolute works of art, to the point where I removed things to show them off a bit more. I went stage 1 engine & transmission, and stage 2 dogbone inserts, and the added NVH isn't horrible at all. Definitely going to do BFI mounts for my engine and trans on my GTI too now, and I have a PF hybrid mount on it's way.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Goes right in
Was not my experience, it would fit in fine up the place, but the sleeve spacer wouldn’t tighten down the washer that supports the poly bushing and it was rattling by hand so I didn’t want to chance it being noisy.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I had the PF hybrid puck and the Roc-Euro arm installed today, along with Bilstein B6 Damptronics to go with my DG springs. I spoke to my mechanic about the factory upper and lower pucks and how this thing replaces the lower one but not the upper one and could he please save the two 034 inserts that he'd find in there. There was a misunderstanding, however, and he thought I meant, remove the lower 034 insert but keep the upper one in there. So, he ended up modifying the PF Hybrid (as I've seen someone else on here do) so that it would mate with both the upper 034 insert and the Roc-Euro arm (although my understanding is it was the 034 insert that required some modification to the PF Hyrbid, not the Roc-Euro arm). I explained all the of the concerns about the Roc-Euro arm and asked him to not install it if he felt anything didn't fit, would rattle, would place unreasonable stress on any bolt, etc., etc. (he's a race car driver who builds race cars to rent out as well as his own), and he said he felt good about it and went ahead, and everything was tight. He marked the two rear bolts and used red Loctite and torqued to 40lb/ft at my request. So I've ended up, somewhat accidentally, with a pretty aggressive setup for a street-driven daily: the PF street Hybrid, the 034 upper insert, and the Roc-Euro arm (and BFI stage 1 mounts).

So, I got in the car, turned it on, and there was increased NVH from my previous setup, but it's different; it's a boominess in the cabin more than anything else. Everything kind of resonates. Which makes sense to me, given that nothing is moving now and is very directly connected. So, tire noise, for example, is much more audible in the cabin (I have unevenly-worn rear tires from running my stock shocks to 113k miles – I don't think this will be an issue once I replace the rear tires). It's a little more NVH than with just the two 034 inserts, but WAY less than with the two 034 inserts if installed without revving the engine a bit before torquing down the dogbone bolt. I was a little concerned that it may be too much for me, but I wasn't freaked out or anything. Just kind of like, hmm... not sure how I feel about this. I would describe myself as extremely sensitive to NVH. It's not something I want any of in my car at all, at least, not at idle. I also have sound deadening throughout the car, I think it'd be noticeably worse if I didn't.

So I start driving and my first gear change (I'm 6MT) put a HUGE smile on my face. My first rev-matched downshift put a massive, stupid, sloppy grin on it. Holy shit this car feels tight now. I have to drive it quite differently, too; this setup cannot be lugged. Second gear's not really usable below 14mph now. Revving matching even into 1st, if I'm accurate, feels like butter. All of the shifts are perfect (I have lots of other shifter mods, though). No feeling of anything moving when I aggressively downshift. If I don't get it perfect the whole car bucks, but nothing feels like it's wobbling about in the bay or beneath me.

Reverse is absolutely fine, no vibes, idle with the AC off is absolutely fine, same as before, idle with the AC on is a little vibey. Cars in the rear view shake like when I've got the stereo up loud. For a long journey with lots of stops, I don't exactly love it, but I had someone in my car today who is not a car guy and likes a smooth SUV, and he said he didn't know what I was talking about when I turned on the AC, so, maybe it's just me being a little overly in tune with my car and how it feels. He said he never would have noticed the change. I do, though, and always thought I wouldn't want to make this trade-off, but I have no regrets. The trade off is 100% worth it if you drive hard. I presume it will calm down further in a couple hundred miles.

All of this was at the same time as experiencing the Bilstein B6 Damptronics for the first time, I guess that's for another thread, but let's just say all of this allows for a huge amount of confidence in the car. I came across a current generation AMG SUV (not sure which) that wanted to race on the highway – we gunned it from about 45 or so on a curved section and, maybe he wasn't fully giving it the beans, but he was busses behind me by 125mph (I'm EQT Stage 2 93, stock turbo). He pulled up next to me after and gave a peace sign and looked absolutely astonished, haha. I drove home grinning every time I downshifted and every time I hit a pothole.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Sorry, brevity clearly isn't my strong point. TL;DR: if you're on the fence about the PF Hyrbid, get it. As for the Roc-Euro arm, feels great, time will tell.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Love the bilstein DCC shocks as well, comfort mode is so much more enjoyable now as it always felt way to floaty on the OEM shocks. Sport mode feels much improved as well
Ha well as you know I don't yet know about that – due to a missing DCC connector and the whole system being disabled as a result I can't change suspension modes or disable traction control right now, but the connector is arriving Monday, can't wait.

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ha well as you know I don't yet know about that – due to a missing DCC connector and the whole system being disabled as a result I can't change suspension modes or disable traction control right now, but the connector is arriving Monday, can't wait.
That said, whatever dampening mode it's stuck in at the moment feels amazing.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So is the arm not recommended if I only have the BFI trans insert and not full replacement mount?