GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dogbone mount

Ancls

Car(s)
Gti mk7
Looking to buy a dogbone mount I see a lot of people saying to get one. What would you guys recommend?

I saw some stuff that was “ Version 1” and “version 2” not sure what that means

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Looking to buy a dogbone mount I see a lot of people saying to get one. What would you guys recommend?

I saw some stuff that was “ Version 1” and “version 2” not sure what that means
Get one... they install in about 15 minutes and you can easily take it out if you don't like it. V1 and V2 refer to the style of your mount... I believe 2015 and earlier use V1 and the newer models all use V2.

You'll also see them being referred to in stages and that's in reference to the durometer. Stiffer means increased performance at the expense of additional noise, vibration, and harshness. Modding is about tradeoffs.

Ancls

Car(s)
Gti mk7
Get one... they install in about 15 minutes and you can easily take it out if you don't like it. V1 and V2 refer to the style of your mount... I believe 2015 and earlier use V1 and the newer models all use V2.

You'll also see them being referred to in stages and that's in reference to the durometer. Stiffer means increased performance at the expense of additional noise, vibration, and harshness. Modding is about tradeoffs.
Do you have any that you would recommend?
Right now I’m modded with a downpipe, intercooler and jb4 so I get a pretty good amount of wheel hop

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Powerflex gets a lot of recommendations. They have an insert alone, and a hybrid bushing that replaces the bushing itself.

Ancls

Car(s)
Gti mk7
BFI stage 2 or stage 1. I would not recommend any of the metal ones.
I would only need to buy 1? I was talking to someone that said they had 3 or something
Honestly I am just really confused what I am looking and what I need

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
As others have said, there are quite a few inserts. BFI stage 1 gets a lot of recommendations and only fills the lower voids. Their stage 2 is made of stiffer material and fills upper and lower. Powerflex has 3 versions that fill upper and lower, Diesel is the softest, their street which is a standard 70A, and their race which is like BFI stage 2.

They also have a hybrid insert which fills the upper voids and replaces the lower bushing completely. As to which, an insert is probably the easiest if you're uncertain if the NVH will be too much, as you'd just need to pull it out to reverse things. The hybrid would require a new OEM lower bushing to be installed.

As for Version, take a picture of your current dogbone and compare it to few pictures from vendors:

1620337681293.png

1620337764682.png

Ancls

Car(s)
Gti mk7
As others have said, there are quite a few inserts. BFI stage 1 gets a lot of recommendations and only fills the lower voids. Their stage 2 is made of stiffer material and fills upper and lower. Powerflex has 3 versions that fill upper and lower, Diesel is the softest, their street which is a standard 70A, and their race which is like BFI stage 2.

They also have a hybrid insert which fills the upper voids and replaces the lower bushing completely. As to which, an insert is probably the easiest if you're uncertain if the NVH will be too much, as you'd just need to pull it out to reverse things. The hybrid would require a new OEM lower bushing to be installed.

As for Version, take a picture of your current dogbone and compare it to few pictures from vendors:

View attachment 212750

View attachment 212751
That helps a lot thank you

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
As someone who has tried many dogbone inserts, the Powerflex Hybrid is the single best thing I have ever installed. Order it from FCP Euro for the lifetime warranty in case anything ever fails (which it wont)

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I have the BFI stage 2 and LOVE it. It eliminated wheel hop instantly. I don't mind the added NVH, but honestly it's barely noticeable IMO.
Only time I even remember I installed it is when I am in reverse or have the AC on before the motor is warm. Other than that, it's very doable.

deleteaccount

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI Sport
Highly recommend you get all three mounts. Starting with dog bone is fine. It’s what I did and it made a difference. BUT, my transmission mount was trashed! It takes a lot of the torque. I went with BFI stage 1 all around and it made a huge difference. Wheel hope darn near disappeared and my problem became tire grip. Can’t stop them from spinning now. Took care of the wheel hop. Especially when taking off in a slight turn.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
So my car was doing this dumb shit where if I let up on the throttle at all in first gear it would become unbalanced and start bucking. I assume the engine was shaking back and forth. Also third gear wasn't always in the same place when shifting from second during WOT pulls. I replaced the engine and transmission mounts with BFI stage 1. Did the Powerflex hybrid insert so it replaced the bottom half of the dogbone puck. Anyway, here's a video of the old mount at 41,000 miles.

deleteaccount

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI Sport
So my car was doing this dumb shit where if I let up on the throttle at all in first gear it would become unbalanced and start bucking. I assume the engine was shaking back and forth. Also third gear wasn't always in the same place when shifting from second during WOT pulls. I replaced the engine and transmission mounts with BFI stage 1. Did the Powerflex hybrid insert so it replaced the bottom half of the dogbone puck. Anyway, here's a video of the old mount at 41,000 miles.

Yup! Mine was similar at 35k