GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 (Base model) ACC RETROFIT ! DIY

marianowadel

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.4 TSI
Yeah good call - thing is none of the Golfs sold here (Argentina) come with ACC or Front Assist. So if I need any body part, I must get it abroad, which could be a pain with customs. I thought that maybe I'd be able to carve through the back of the logo in the grill and make room for the radar and fit it like it would in a mk7.5 w/acc grill.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh, I think you're going to end buying parts either way. I would lean to ordering the parts required to mount the radar properly, just so it's in the right position.

egg_biker

Car(s)
VW Golf Mk7
I had an incident with a small deer and it smashed the front end including the radar sensor, ripping the whole plug out of the sensor making it useless. The number on the sensor I removed was 5Q0907541G but with speaking to the dealers using my reg number they (2 of them) say my car should use the letter J at the end. Finding it really difficult to find one of these, is it possible that I could use any other sensor. Maybe a G again. If another one can be used what is the procedure in making it work or will this be a major problem.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think I have a 5Q0907541G in my garage that you can have for price of shipping. PM your address and I'll get a FedEx quote... although I see you're in Nottingham so it may not be worth it. Wherever you get one from you'll have to get component protection removed once installed.

heewphan

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Has anyone gotten ACC coded into the MK7.5 Rabbit? I bought the steering wheel buttons but not sure if I need to make any other modifications before getting ACC added.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Has anyone gotten ACC coded into the MK7.5 Rabbit? I bought the steering wheel buttons but not sure if I need to make any other modifications before getting ACC added.
I was going to purchase the buttons and then have the car coded, but life and work have both taken up the majority of any free time left :rolleyes:

Following your progress (AKA: living voraciously thought you) until I can devote time to this retrofit.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I was going to purchase the buttons and then have the car coded, but life and work have both taken up the majority of any free time left :rolleyes:

Following your progress (AKA: living voraciously thought you) until I can devote time to this retrofit.
I’m seconding this. Is it true that the MK7.5 with front assist just need the buttons and coding?!

heewphan

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

I was in the same boat but finally pushed forward with the project and finally got it done.
I’m seconding this. Is it true that the MK7.5 with front assist just need the buttons and coding?!

I got ACC coded in the past weekend and it was quite easy although a long process. I think it took about 2.5 hours from start to finish but keep in mind that it was being done remotely (w/ vagretrofit) so there may have been some bandwidth limitations of some sort for coding it.

As I have speculated, it is as simple as just getting the correct steering wheel buttons and coding (with a purchase of a VAS 5054a***). For me personally, I put the car on the charger since I didn't feel comfortable leaving the car ignition on for a couple of hours while being remotely flashed. Didn't want to risk any sort of bricking if the car battery suddenly died. One thing to be sure of when buying a VAS 5054a is that it has an OKI chip. I purchased this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/303993209661?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I replaced the buttons before coding the ACC in. You will see an EPC light go on when driving with the new buttons before coding. It's harmless so don't worry too much about it. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them to provide clarity.

Billysimpson

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf
I think I have a 5Q0907541G in my garage that you can have for price of shipping. PM your address and I'll get a FedEx quote... although I see you're in Nottingham so it may not be worth it. Wherever you get one from you'll have to get component protection removed once installed.
Hi do you still have this avaliable?

Dado

Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTD 2016
Hello.
I have a GTD 2016 and does anyone know how to activate cruise control? I bought the original keys and installed them on the steering wheel, but I can't code because it needs some kind of online coding.

mk_zackariah

Car(s)
Golf MK 7
I had an incident with a small deer and it smashed the front end including the radar sensor, ripping the whole plug out of the sensor making it useless. The number on the sensor I removed was 5Q0907541G but with speaking to the dealers using my reg number they (2 of them) say my car should use the letter J at the end. Finding it really difficult to find one of these, is it possible that I could use any other sensor. Maybe a G again. If another one can be used what is the procedure in making it work or will this be a major problem.
Hi, I have a similar problem accept my sensor was stolen. I dont know what my original sensor was but I have been told by VW my sensor was 5Q0907541J. These are not the easiest to get hold off. Does anyone know if I can change my sensor for any of the other variants of the sensor with different letters? Also would I have to have protection removed (I am presuming calibration would also be needed). Thanks for any help

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Does anyone have a spare 5G0-959-442-N they are willing to sell me? Want to activate my ACC, but need the proper (GTI, R-line, R) steering wheel switches.

Thank you!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

Thanks for the link. I am a little confused. I have been looking everywhere for 5G0 959 442 N, but all I come up with is 5G0 959 442 AE (just like the part number you linked to above). Has 5G0 959 442 N been replaced with 5G0 959 442 AE?

Just trying to make sure both part numbers are compatible with my GTI before buying. I've seen a couple of the 5G0 9595 442 AE models on eBay as well.

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Thanks for the link. I am a little confused. I have been looking everywhere for 5G0 959 442 N, but all I come up with is 5G0 959 442 AE (just like the part number you linked to above). Has 5G0 959 442 N been replaced with 5G0 959 442 AE?

Just trying to make sure both part numbers are compatible with my GTI before buying. I've seen a couple of the 5G0 9595 442 AE models on eBay as well.
Both for ACC, but if you have 5Q gateway you must prefer N, if you have 3Q gateway and navigation you can buy AE