GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Go through the 6C coding, bit by bit, and check if it’s coded correctly according to your cars equipment.

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks, that issue is gone now.
Do you have any idea about why the guidelines are not displayed?

@ejje: I found 2 x EU Golf mk7's in my database with the same long-code string as each other on their factory fitted hex6C module (same Part No. as your module).

Try this:
  • Existing long-code: 0173020163002017000048
  • .......New long-code: 01730001E3002017000040

Don

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
@ejje: I found 2 x EU Golf mk7's in my database with the same long-code string as each other on their factory fitted hex6C module (same Part No. as your module).

Try this:
  • Existing long-code: 0173020163002017000048
  • .......New long-code: 01730001E3002017000040

Don

Thanks for the tip, I will try this out asap after work and try to understand the bits!

A general tip for anyone looking to do a camera retrofit is to be really careful with the plastic tube connecting the trunk lid with the car. It can break easily and if it does you most likely have water coming in. For more info se video:

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
Guidelines are working!
I looked through the bits more carefully and just as Mr-Fix and Don's post above was telling, some values was wrong:
- transmission type was automatic(mine's MT)
- EPB was set to not installed, mine has EPB,
- vehicle type was wrong, this is most likely what I think fixed the guidelines since the camera is a used one from a Golf Estate.

Despite this I still have some of the data bus missing message in module 5F and 6C. So some more tinkering is needed to try to fix the remaining faults.

One of them will disappear if I in last byte set "Equipment ARA optical" as "not installed". But as my car has optical sensors i would guess it should be set as installed. Does anyone know what ARA optical means?

There is also "Equipment ARA mechanical" and "Equipment ahk"?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
AHK = Anhängerkupplung = towbar
Most likely ARA is Anhängerassistenten (EN: Trailer Towing Assistant = TTA)

ARA mechanical = dedicated articulation angle sensor in tow ball?
ARA optical = optical trailer assist?

Also found this:

ejje

Car(s)
MK7 2016 1.2TSI
AHK = Anhängerkupplung = towbar
Most likely ARA is Anhängerassistenten (EN: Trailer Towing Assistant = TTA)

ARA mechanical = dedicated articulation angle sensor in tow ball?
ARA optical = optical trailer assist?

Also found this:
That's very helpful, thank you. Then I will try to set them to not installed.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Yes…. But how change the camera in the emblem?

I'm not sure how it is in the Golf emblem, but back when I had my Audi A3, the camera died so I had to take apart the trunk handle that contains the camera to replace the actual camera. It took 2 screws and a few clips. I assume the MK7 is the same.

Also, I wouldn't pay 300 Euros for that. You can get a whole retrofit kit of Highline camera for the MK7 for less than that.