GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to reset MK7.5 GTI Third Brake Light Flashing at braking

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hello,

Today while I was trying to get the state inspection done, I realized that my GTI's thrid brake light is flashing at an initial brake attempt - it doesn't flash after that within in 10s.

Does anyone know how to go back to this feature to the original factory setting using OBDeleven?

I suspect that Intensity Brake Light in OBDeleven could affect this, so I turned it off, but it didn't work.

Any advice would be really helpful.

Thanks.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Not sure if the same on the Mk7.5, but on Mk7, Leuchte 22BR controls the 3rd brake light. Here is chart of the coding with stock parameters courtesy of Don (@DV52)

Leuchte22BR MA57 - 3rd Brake Light channel coding (DV52).png

Sauce

Good luck! Please update if you figure it out. Cheers.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
That very well may be the cause. I was under the impression that VW's would only pulse on under hard braking if enabled. Your description sounds like it may be an aftermarket addition. Do you know where the car originally was? they may know where the modules are attached

cb1111

Yes, sure sounds like an aftermarket module. Dealers loved to install that crap and yes, it'll fail inspection that way.

VCDS/OBD11 options are really just things that are available in other regions. I know of no region where a blinking brake light is legal, so there shouldn't be available coding for that.