GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Just installed mine! I may raise it a bit as it’s quite low.
8AA0E481-7B1E-4A58-B217-9BA76CA0C980.jpeg

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
When it says "backordered" on Raceseng's site, does that typically mean a week, a month, six months? Anyone know from experience?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
When it says "backordered" on Raceseng's site, does that typically mean a week, a month, six months? Anyone know from experience?
Took about a month to get a beaded slammer in December last year.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Bro you have a problem 😂 What number is that one?
I know 😂

It’s number 8 of the aftermarkets… just trying to find that perfect feel I’m after I guess, pretty sure the feel I’m chasing will not be accomplished with this transmission in reality 😂😂

Shoulda went auto, image all the saved money and stress,haha

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I know 😂

It’s number 8 of the aftermarkets… just trying to find that perfect feel I’m after I guess, pretty sure the feel I’m chasing will not be accomplished with this transmission in reality 😂😂

I’m going to do shifter bushings when I put a new clutch in. I agree this gearbox feels subpar.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I know 😂

You've just got to get yourself a CAE Ultra Shifter and be done with it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You've just got to get yourself a CAE Ultra Shifter and be done with it.
The current setup functions just as the cae - only thing you are getting extra from them is changing the cables in which the make up and function of those cables are the same as stock.

My issues not the external elements of the setup any longer… it’s the internal design of the shifter forks or even the gear crowns (

https://store.forcefedengineering.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=FFE_Custom_Gears_1
)
that’s where the notch and rare lockout/grinding moments transpire from - honesty my only real complaint is 1-2 gear, nothing else bothers much.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The current setup functions just as the cae - only thing you are getting extra from them is changing the cables in which the make up and function of those cables are the same as stock.

My issues not the external elements of the setup any longer… it’s the internal design of the shifter forks or even the gear crowns (

https://store.forcefedengineering.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=FFE_Custom_Gears_1
)
that’s where the notch and rare lockout/grinding moments transpire from - honesty my only real complaint is 1-2 gear, nothing else bothers much.
Did you swap out your forks to the steel ones?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Did mine last weekend - love how it changed the car

Attachments

• BF54B0A1-92DB-4E52-8D05-8AB975AC2836.jpeg
    BF54B0A1-92DB-4E52-8D05-8AB975AC2836.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104