GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mr-fix wagon TDI

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I thought I would share some info about my MK7 as well.
Euro wagon, entry level Urano Grey paint, FWD 2.0TDI + DSG (DQ250), stock wheels, a lot of LEDs added to the car.
Some of you will probably know the car from my YouTube channel.

1.jpg

Interior
[Done] Installed OEM LED interior lights (front + back)
[Done] Installed 6 additional lights in the trunk
[Done] Installed footwell lights (front + back) with LEDs + coding for ambient light
[Done] Installed LED backlight for glasses compartment, cup holder, front cubby
[Done] Installed door ambient lights (front) + warning lights + additional LED for door pockets + coding for infotainment controls
[Done] Installed ambient LED in the blanked spot of the front interior light
[Done] Replaced 12V socket with illuminated one
[Done] Swapped plastic/rubber pedals with aluminum ones
[Done] Replaced DSG shifter with an aluminum one + leather cap
[Done] Dashboard vinyl wrap
[Done] Magnetic holder with wireless phone charger

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Exterior
[Done] Swapped few exterior exterior bulbs with LEDs (reverse lights, rear indicators, front fogs) + coding
[Done] Installed dynamic indicators in side mirrors
[Done] Removed rear badges (GOLF, 2.0TDI, BlueMotion)
[Done] Added rear vents panel with double USB charger
[Done] Added rear vertical spoilers
[Done] Added exhaust tips from Skoda Yeti
[Planned] Rear dynamic indicators
[Planned] Auto-dimming side mirrors

2.jpg

Coding
[Done] Instrument cluster activations: needle sweep, oil temperature, refuel quantity, traffic sign assist, fog light reminder,
[Done] Brakes activations: more traction control modes, auto-hold memory,
[Done] Infotainment: Off-road mode, dev mode, DRL controls, user profiles, removed AM band, wired dashcam as reverse camera
[Done] Lights: Coming/Leaving home with fogs, DRL wink with indicator, fogs as flash-to-pass, Scandinavia mode, 4+1 brake lights, interior fade-in/out, Dynamic Light Assist memory
[Done] Mirrors activation: folding with press-and-hold on the remote, dip in reverse,
[Done] Locks activation: acoustic confirmation, trunk pop with remote, remote working with ignition on, disabled key reminder
[Done] Climate activations: fan speed indicators in AUTO mode, heated seats memory,
[Done] Lane Assist activations: adaptive lane tracking
[Done] Engine mods: start-stop disabled
[Done] ACC: 1km/h increments enabled

8.jpg

Other
[Done] Replaced windscreen washer cap with silicon one from Skoda
[Done] Infotainment maps updated
[Done] Infotainment speed camera database installed
[Done] Infotainment radio station logo database updated
[Done] Infotainment power logo from the volume control knob removed
[Done] Infotainment firmware upgrade from P0245T to P0478T
[Done] CID-lock removal for 3rd party SD card with GPS navigation maps database
[Done] Rear View Camera High retrofit
[Done] OEM USB HUB retrofit with 2x CarPlay-enabled USB ports
[in progress] Infotainment GUI customization
[in progress] Sound system upgrade
[in progress] Custom front-view camera setup
[Planned] Power tailgate with parts from Skoda Octavia III
[Planned] Infotainment firmware update from P0478T to P0480T

000-096-706-in-VWGolf-MK7.gif

Last edited:

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Last year I've replaced USB port with Apple CarPlay capable one (USB port 5Q0 035 726 E within 5G0 035 222 E assembly). After doing so and changing byte 19 USB setting to usb_ipod CarPlay worked but also USB media source was missing.

Few days ago I finally got it fully working. Here's the complete coding/adaptation procedure for it:
Code:
Module: 5F → Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 19 → Bit: 6 → enable
Module: 5F → Coding → Long Coding → Byte: 19 → Bit: 7 → enable
Module: 5F → Adaptation → Channel: Interface for external media activation - connection 1 → activated

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Do you have the part number for that windshield washer fluid cap? Thank you.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Interested in auto dimming side mirrors.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Interested in auto dimming side mirrors.
AFAIK everything in car is ready for it. Needs just mirror replacement + wiring. One can use mirrors from Passat B8 and they should fit almost perfectly (mirror will rub on the housing in one of the end position if you don't modify the housing first).

And in my case relocation of the side assist / blind spot monitoring indicators is required. MK7 have them integrated within the mirrors and almost all other VAGs use separate lights for that.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
AFAIK everything in car is ready for it. Needs just mirror replacement + wiring. One can use mirrors from Passat B8 and they should fit almost perfectly (mirror will rub on the housing in one of the end position if you don't modify the housing first).

And in my case relocation of the side assist / blind spot monitoring indicators is required. MK7 have them integrated within the mirrors and almost all other VAGs use separate lights for that.
Wouldn't it be better if the entire mirror assembly and housing be replaced with the one on the B8 Passat? If you can do a detailed DIY video that would be great!

diarkowski

Car(s)
2017 VW Jetta GLI
Mr-fix,

I really need your help on this one. VW not helping at all.

Some of the touch areas on my Fender radio 2017 VW Jetta GLI US version was not working. Meaning only parts of the screen were touch working and some not. Well, under warranty, they put a brand new radio in. Since the install of new radio, the screen is stuck on night dim mode. So, very hard to see during day. Yes, I have changed display setting to Very High brightness, but definitely only showing night time dim mode. So, they put a second brand new radio and same thing.

Do you think there is a system setting in car that needs to be updated to "allow" the new radio? Have you heard this before? Hoping you have and there is a fix.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Many thanks in advance.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Mr-fix,

I really need your help on this one. VW not helping at all.

Some of the touch areas on my Fender radio 2017 VW Jetta GLI US version was not working. Meaning only parts of the screen were touch working and some not. Well, under warranty, they put a brand new radio in. Since the install of new radio, the screen is stuck on night dim mode. So, very hard to see during day. Yes, I have changed display setting to Very High brightness, but definitely only showing night time dim mode. So, they put a second brand new radio and same thing.

Do you think there is a system setting in car that needs to be updated to "allow" the new radio? Have you heard this before? Hoping you have and there is a fix.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

Many thanks in advance.
What's your radio? There's a lot of versions of hardware and software that were installed in VW vehicles.
Would be best if you long press MENU and find SW Train.