GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
Can someone please explain the differences are between the Stage 1 and 2 TCU tunes? Been on Stg1 for awhile and wondering there is any benefit going to the Stg2.

TIA

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Can someone please explain the differences are between the Stage 1 and 2 TCU tunes? Been on Stg1 for awhile and wondering there is any benefit going to the Stg2.

TIA
Never taken any logs, but have run all of the tunes. Stage 1 was pretty decent. Stage 2 felt "grabby". Stage 3 felt pretty decent with a tendency to be a bit grabby on low load shifts.

Nice thing with ED is flash anything you want to try. Go with what feels best to you.

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
By grabby do you mean it holds the respective gear longer or something else?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I thought it was.....

Stage 1: stock turbo cars (lower WOT shift point)
Stage 2: Hybrid turbos (higher WOT shift points...for mine I even had a "7200rpm" version which was even higher than normal stage 2, iirc)
Stage 3: same as 2, but disables DSG based LC so you can run ECU based LC.

Could certainly be other slight diffs baked into them too. Check the detailed documentation on their website :)

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. I'll check the website. I didn't see anything previously and may have overlooked it.

Driver09

I thought it was.....

Stage 1: stock turbo cars (lower WOT shift point)
Stage 2: Hybrid turbos (higher WOT shift points...for mine I even had a "7200rpm" version which was even higher than normal stage 2, iirc)
Stage 3: same as 2, but disables DSG based LC so you can run ECU based LC.

Could certainly be other slight diffs baked into them too. Check the detailed documentation on their website :)

This is something I have been wondering as well.

I recently moved to a hybrid is38 and the stage 3 dsg tune. My only issue is I can't seem to launch the car like I used to.

On the stock turbo and stage 2 DSG tune I can hit high 1.6-1.7 60 foots, but now I am struggling to get below 2 second 60 foots. I used to launch at 3800, now I am trying 4k but the car still falls a bit flat before boost builds. Once boost builds its gone, even with the extremely bad 60foot the cars pulling a 11.3 per draggy.

Does anyone know if stage2 and stage3 both have the same clamping force? Is it just the ECU based LC that it brings to the table?

Maybe I just need to grow some balls and go a bit further on the RPM's :LOL: Anyone else with a golf r/a3/s3+hybrid turbo with the stage 3 DSG tune care to share what RPM's they are launching at?

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
ED Stage 3 I’ve hit a 1.61 at the track launching around 5k. Last street dragy was a 1.75 launching at 4K.

Driver09

ED Stage 3 I’ve hit a 1.61 at the track launching around 5k. Last street dragy was a 1.75 launching at 4K.

What turbo do you have? Do you happen to know how much psi your at right at launch?

Driver09

Ihx475. last time I logged LC, which was forever ago it was 3-4psi on launch.

3-4psi is about what I am seeing as well. Are you using Spark, Fuel or Torque based LC?

I know the a3's have different gearing as well.

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
I haven’t logged into my eurodyne in about a year, have there been any updates that I could benefit from reflashing the tune, or is everything pretty much the same?