GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

audi AluSubframe AND which DOGBONE??

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
wanting to go with the audi aluminum subframe [so sessy] but not sure which dogbone insert and pendulum arm fits without modification [searched forums without much luck, looks like most running the audi frame are having to modify somehow] currently have the 034 insert and oem pendulum on my steel frame. What would be the straight fit upgrade for the audi subframe? VWR, REVO, ANOTHER?

TIA

Last edited:

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Hi
I'll be fitting an Audi subframe soon . I've been using a HPA Motorsport pendulum arm & insert in the steel subframe for 12 months now ,the car fills more responsive .The only down side is the extra NVH and it is there , this improved once I upgraded to BFI engine & trans-mount . I feel if your going to change the pend mount do all 3 , its a better improvement .

I'm going to use the PowerFlex insert & HPA arm with the alloy subframe .Might even see how the original steel arm go's.
Cheers

Mal

Attachments

• IMG20210421103844 - Copy.jpg
    IMG20210421103844 - Copy.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG20210421152259.jpg
    IMG20210421152259.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Hi
I'll be fitting an Audi subframe soon . I've been using a HPA Motorsport pendulum arm & insert in the steel subframe for 12 months now ,the car fills more responsive .The only down side is the extra NVH and it is there , this improved once I upgraded to BFI engine & trans-mount . I feel if your going to change the pend mount do all 3 , its a better improvement .

Mal
Agree with this... I also wouldn’t recommend upgrading the subframe bushing without also upgrading the motor and transmission mounts... BFI for the motor/trans 👍

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
ECE’s subframe mount. You’ll need to order the S3 variant (I was told they were done making it - you’ll need to reach out to them directly) because the pendulum arm is the right size or you can just order the RS3/TTRS variant (linked below) and re-use your OEM pendulum arm.

https://www.urotuning.com/products/dogbone-mount-rs3-ttrs-version-2-rs3-ttrs-billet-polyurethane
ok yea that makes sense.. audi subframe. audi mount. duh. I've come across some bad reviews about ECS products so I'll call around and find a rs3 mount of a different make. i want to upgrade the pendulum arm too tho... would any arm for a mk7 fit? unlike the mount which is more like a puzzle piece

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
Agree with this... I also wouldn’t recommend upgrading the subframe bushing without also upgrading the motor and transmission mounts... BFI for the motor/trans 👍
so I'm assuming the audi sub comes solo with no bushings or other hardware? I'll look into bushings thanx! probably shouldn't reuse bolts right? I'll grab those too

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
ok yea that makes sense.. audi subframe. audi mount. duh. I've come across some bad reviews about ECS products so I'll call around and find a rs3 mount of a different make. i want to upgrade the pendulum arm too tho... would any arm for a mk7 fit? unlike the mount which is more like a puzzle piece

No no no... this isn’t made by ECS... it’s made by ECE. It was a custom built solution for a very fast RS3 that turned into a production part.

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
I run the aluminum subframe with Superpro mounts. I also replaced every single bolt and have zero NVH added from the subframe. Great upgrade over the steel subframe.

Last edited:

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
I run the aluminum subframe with Superpro mounts. I also replaced every single bolt and have zero NVH. Great upgrade over the steel subframe.
superpro engine trans mounts? don't see their dogbone mounts. using oem?
how many bolts was there to replace?

wait nm found their DB but looks like they don't make a pendulum

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
My roll control kit included the dogbone pucks (both) as well.

I don't remember the exact number of bolts, but I replaced all that were removed with a fresh set for the sub frame, engine, trans and dogbone mounts.

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
after some researching and input I've arrived at this list. what you guys think?

-KW clubsport coilovers
-Whiteline front and rear sway bar kit
-Audi Aluminum subframe
-Superpro control arms
-Dogbone Mount - RS3/TTRS Version 2 | RS3 / TTRS (Billet & Polyurethane)
-Tyrol deadset kit
-Whiteline Roll-Center Correction Kit
+all new subframe bolts

there's a Superpro bushings kit which is pretty dam pricey but im not sure if I'll need all that. truth is i don't think i need any of the above but you know how it is...

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
If you are at it, might as well see if you can swap the rear trailing arm bushing, its the only other bushing that makes a big difference...

1619047190406.png

It would be PFR85-816..... if you are getting the powerflex, this is the superpro: SPF4195K

1619047261905.png

I assume you are getting strut mounts / bearings and new ball joints for those coilovers?

With all that you are set honestly... if you are looking for more camber, you could try these below, they have the lowest NVH impact..

https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/18700k

https://store.034motorsport.com/dyn...8v5-8v-8s-audi-a3-s3-rs3-tt-tts-ttrs-mqb.html

I assume you already upgraded your motor mounts?

edit: this is how the stock trailing arm bushing looks like, big voids:

1619047726978.png

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
If you are at it, might as well see if you can swap the rear trailing arm bushing, its the only other bushing that makes a big difference...

View attachment 211105

It would be PFR85-816..... if you are getting the powerflex, this is the superpro: SPF4195K

View attachment 211106

I assume you are getting strut mounts / bearings and new ball joints for those coilovers?

With all that you are set honestly... if you are looking for more camber, you could try these below, they have the lowest NVH impact..

https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/18700k

https://store.034motorsport.com/dyn...8v5-8v-8s-audi-a3-s3-rs3-tt-tts-ttrs-mqb.html

I assume you already upgraded your motor mounts?

edit: this is how the stock trailing arm bushing looks like, big voids:

View attachment 211107
I'll look into those rear bushings thanx.

the clubsport coilovers come with top mounts. isn't the roll correction kit ball joints or is that something else completely?

yea i have motor/trans mounts already