GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WavTrac Diff worth it? (Non PP)

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Sounds good, I'll continue to research. I will consider to buy a diff in the near future and hold off on getting a bigger turbo for now.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Sounds good, I'll continue to research. I will consider to buy a diff in the near future and hold off on getting a bigger turbo for now.

Yeah diff on tuned stock turbo is more fun in every situation besides a straight line haul compared to IS38/BT w/o diff

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Yeah diff on tuned stock turbo is more fun in every situation besides a straight line haul compared to IS38/BT w/o diff
Agreed, I was thinking about that the other day, it'd be almost impossible to put down all the power without one. So it just makes sense right now to get one, and then get the turbo.
After that, I think I'll be almost done with the engine...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Good to know, everyone I know just calls it LSD. Always learning!

note I know just about nothing about transmissions so this is entirely armchair generalization, I’m sure saying “between the axles/output shafts” is technically incorrect as idfk which is what but hopefully my dumb ass imparted the general idea lol

Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll look into it a bit more and see if I can get any good deals on an install. I plan to use this for racing, so it'd be beneficial in the long run.

For more info.....If you haven't read my guide on the VAQ unit here it is:-

How the VW Golf GTI Performance Pack (PP) “Front Differential Lock” (VAQ) works. | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
:cool: