GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tail light fade

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, anyone have a solution for this, or do I need new inner taillight sections? Only the inner sections on the hatch are fading, the outer ones seem to be okay for now.

Is there some type of spray on tint that is recommended for fading plastic?

Attachments

• 20210410_113545.jpg
    20210410_113545.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 101

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
vinyl wrap them vivvid has good stuff.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I could never find anyone around me that would spray tails red. The couple guys around here that everybody recommends both said it never comes out looking good so neither of them were willing to do it. I ended up ordering a new set instead.

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
thanks for the replies guys, i was also doing some digging, unless I tint them black they will never look right, Im going to end up ordering the Vland ones with sequential turn signals from amazon and sell these ones cheap for anyone who wants to buy and tint them dark. the LEDs are still very good and bright, its a shame the lens faded so badly

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
thanks for the replies guys, i was also doing some digging, unless I tint them black they will never look right, Im going to end up ordering the Vland ones with sequential turn signals from amazon and sell these ones cheap for anyone who wants to buy and tint them dark. the LEDs are still very good and bright, its a shame the lens faded so badly
Are they OEM or depo?

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
I think they're depo, I bought them used from a Golf R owner who was trading it in for an RS3 3 or 4 years back. boxes dont have any company logos or anything on them, and I don't recall if there was anything written on the back of them.

all I remember is they needed to be coded to get rid of the bulb out warning and they have wiring adaptors

plus I doubt OEM ones would fade like this

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Very common for reps to fade on the inners only. I had Ed’s Reps that did the same and have seen plenty others

1A97E85E-DF2F-4834-A211-0A550833B20D.png